The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Probably a stupid question! Accomodation wise :p

Okay so I just got into Queen Mary through clearing (quite randomly really) yesterday and just waiting on it being put on track. It has on the website they can't guarantee accom. which I kinda expected anyway, but anyway I assume next week I wil get e-mails about it all or what not. Basically I am just wondering....should I be ruling halls out as a chance right away or just wait and see if they can offer me something? I am from scotland so no hope of commuting and feel like everyday I wait hundreds more places are taken so are there sort of any chance of getting in through clearing or should I just get right into finding alternate!
Reply 1
Original post by Heraspax
Okay so I just got into Queen Mary through clearing (quite randomly really) yesterday and just waiting on it being put on track. It has on the website they can't guarantee accom. which I kinda expected anyway, but anyway I assume next week I wil get e-mails about it all or what not. Basically I am just wondering....should I be ruling halls out as a chance right away or just wait and see if they can offer me something? I am from scotland so no hope of commuting and feel like everyday I wait hundreds more places are taken so are there sort of any chance of getting in through clearing or should I just get right into finding alternate!

Issue is that you'll be on the waiting list, however I would expect you to be quite high up in terms of priority
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Ah okay! I really shoulda asked when I phoned but I got that swept up in the excitement of being told I could have a place that all sense went out my head haha. It just seems like such a scary system because if I don't get in via wait list ill probably miss out a crap load of other places. Guess i'll see what next week brings! Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Heraspax
Ah okay! I really shoulda asked when I phoned but I got that swept up in the excitement of being told I could have a place that all sense went out my head haha. It just seems like such a scary system because if I don't get in via wait list ill probably miss out a crap load of other places. Guess i'll see what next week brings! Thanks for the advice :smile:

Suggest calling them up and explaining your situation :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah thinking that is my safest bet! Get on the phone first thing Monday and just see what they recommend. Thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply