The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Need help

I've been confirmed a place at the University of Kent at the Medway campus to do I.T, but the thing is, I'm living at home! Will I miss out on social opportunities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think a social life is what you make of it - if you make an effort to integrate with people living in halls, they will invite you along to various events and you'll be included. I wouldn't fret about it too much.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Hi,

I chose to move into student accommodation when I only lived 15 minutes away. However it was probably the best decision I have ever made as I got the true university experience and it was sooo much easier to make friends. One of my friends didn't live in our student accommodation last year and I felt like we hardly saw her.
I don't mean to worry you, as if your a confident person you may find it no problem making friends, etc.
Though I would definitely consider doing it next semester, year or something?

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by EmilyHaycock
Hi,

I chose to move into student accommodation when I only lived 15 minutes away. However it was probably the best decision I have ever made as I got the true university experience and it was sooo much easier to make friends. One of my friends didn't live in our student accommodation last year and I felt like we hardly saw her.
I don't mean to worry you, as if your a confident person you may find it no problem making friends, etc.
Though I would definitely consider doing it next semester, year or something?

:smile:

Hiya just wondering cause i will be starting uni at the medway campus this september, what was your experience like there, in terms of social life etc? :smile:
You could always just crash at a friends accommodation (once you get to know them lol) - tthat's what my housemate's friend did! She ended staying at ours 3 days a week haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending