The Student Room Group

Dentistry Graduate Entry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hello every body just a very quick question regarding graduate entry.

Are relevant GCSEs and A-Levels considered within an application of a graduate, or do universities only look for the degree subject, classification and UKCAT (where applicable) of an applicant?

If GCSEs and A-Levels are considered, will graduates have to meet the minimum entry requirements? i.e. AAA at A-Level

Thank you for reading!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by FingerBang
Anyone going to Liverpool open day tomorrow?

Yeah I did. I went to the 12pm talk. What did you think of it all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aznboytomle
Hello every body just a very quick question regarding graduate entry.

Are relevant GCSEs and A-Levels considered within an application of a graduate, or do universities only look for the degree subject, classification and UKCAT (where applicable) of an applicant?

If GCSEs and A-Levels are considered, will graduates have to meet the minimum entry requirements? i.e. AAA at A-Level

Thank you for reading!

Hello, the universities still look at GCSEs and A-Levels but their entry requirements are lower than for the 5yr course so you don't need 3A's. For example Liverpool want a minimum of 3C's at A-Level and a 2:1. I can't remember what GCSE's they wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Went to 11pm 1. Think lecture was pretty pointless as all content was already stated online. It was good to speak to the graduate student and admissions person in the seminar room as they were really inciteful. I can't believe the grad entry is more competitive than normal entry! I missed the virtual tour, did you attend it?
Went to 11pm 1. Think lecture was pretty pointless as all content was already stated online. It was good to speak to the graduate student and admissions person in the seminar room as they were really inciteful. I can't believe the grad entry is more competitive than normal entry! I missed the virtual tour, did you attend it?

Yeah I agree it was quite pointless. The building was very depressing. I felt like I was time warped back to the 60's. I had a chat with the admissions tutor but he wasn't very informative. I missed the virtual tour as well. Kinda disappointed overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
1. UCLAN - Anyone know much about the teaching style at Uclan? The website states numerous methods, but I would like to know whether it is mainly lecture based?
Also regarding being based at one of four dental education centres - is this purely for clinical training or training for all course material?

2. Manchester - Considering whether to choose manchester instead of grad entry to uclan, but the heavy emphasis on PBL really puts me off. Anyone know how competitive UKCAT scoring is between sheffield and manchester?

3. References
- I assume everyone is using university tutors / project supervisors for references. Have your tutors asked for key evidences to support their claims in their references? (eg. exam results)
Reply 66
When is everyone sending off their apps off?
Original post by aj_student
When is everyone sending off their apps off?

Hopefully tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. UCLAN - Anyone know much about the teaching style at Uclan? The website states numerous methods, but I would like to know whether it is mainly lecture based?
Also regarding being based at one of four dental education centres - is this purely for clinical training or training for all course material?

2. Manchester - Considering whether to choose manchester instead of grad entry to uclan, but the heavy emphasis on PBL really puts me off. Anyone know how competitive UKCAT scoring is between sheffield and manchester?

3. References
- I assume everyone is using university tutors / project supervisors for references. Have your tutors asked for key evidences to support their claims in their references? (eg. exam results)

I'm not applying to Manchester or UCLan so I have NO idea!

Yeah my uni tutor wrote my reference. She never asked for results etc. I sent her my personal statement to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by *ChooseToShine*

All the best. Have you applied before to Dentistry?
Reply 70
[QUOTE="aj_student;44689736"]

Aj student, what degree do you hold?
Reply 71
Biomedical science, wbu?
[QUOTE="aj_student;44689736"]

I haven't no so fingers-crossed! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Well I'm reapplying this year, was rejected after an interview with Kings last year.

Got a 2:2 in Biomed and a Masters in Neuroscience
Got BCD in A-level

Just did my UKCAT today got

540 verbal reasoning (arghhh)
720 quantitative reasoning
690 abstract reasoning
770 decision analysis

680 overall

So annoyed with verbal reasoning left 6 questions blank! But its an improvement on last year where i got 665.

Ive applied for both the 4&5 year kings courses, Liverpool and cant remember the other one...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
How much work experience did you have when you were rejected?
Reply 75
just got my tutor to write my reference, gunna sent my application off in the next few days now
Reply 76
Do you guys know if the interviews are a different format for graduates applying to graduate entry compared to normal 5yr entry
Reply 77
PM me for KCL interview questions 'information'.
Reply 78
Original post by surgery.
PM me for KCL interview questions 'information'.

Surgery. IS a sly person, dont tell him anything, just wants peoples backgrounds and gives bad advice which makes no sense. oh and he has no credibility to any advice he gives.
Reply 79
Didn't stop you asking for the KCL questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest