The Student Room Group

Dentistry Graduate Entry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
well i only realised after, and when i asked u about your background u replied saying "im your worst nightmare". This thread isn't for time wasters.
Reply 81
Not good to be so uptight if you want you be a dentist.
Does anyone have any idea as to how much emphasis King's place on UKCAT scores?
Would a good degree classification override a poor UKCAT result?
Reply 83
Original post by *ChooseToShine*
Does anyone have any idea as to how much emphasis King's place on UKCAT scores?
Would a good degree classification override a poor UKCAT result?

My UKCAT wasn't great (I don't recall it being greater than 650), but I got a decent degree grade, so this could indicate they didn't rely 100% on UKCAT for our year.

Posted with TSR Mobile
[Tips for applying to dental school]
Original post by kt-nguyen
My UKCAT wasn't great (I don't recall it being greater than 650), but I got a decent degree grade, so this could indicate they didn't rely 100% on UKCAT for our year.

Posted with TSR Mobile

Thank you for the reply
Reply 85
*ChooseToShine* how did your UKCAT go?
How heavily does Plymouth and Cardiff weight the UKCAT when deciding their applicants?
Reply 87
does anyone know anyone who applied to liverpool or uclan in the past that had below required gcse's and alevels and got an interview for any of these unis?
Original post by FingerBang
*ChooseToShine* how did your UKCAT go?

Not very well at all.
I had my pre-reg exam which was my priority. That then left me with 3 days to revise.
Reply 89
Original post by aj_student
does anyone know anyone who applied to liverpool or uclan in the past that had below required gcse's and alevels and got an interview for any of these unis?

I applied to Liverpool with (2a* 4a 3b 1c) and got an interview @ Liverpool. I didn't apply to UCLAN. Hope that helps.

Posted with TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by kt-nguyen
I applied to Liverpool with (2a* 4a 3b 1c) and got an interview @ Liverpool. I didn't apply to UCLAN. Hope that helps.

Posted with TSR Mobile

Thats what they require anyway. They say that you must have at least 2 A's in A-level, if you dont then 5 A's at GCSE
Reply 91
Original post by aj_student
Thats what they require anyway. They say that you must have at least 2 A's in A-level, if you dont then 5 A's at GCSE

Ahh sorry, my bad, I thought it would be much higher than that. I should have checked before posting. Although surely 2As @ Alevel is much more difficult than 5As @ GCSE? Good luck with your application :smile:

Tips on applying to dental school
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Hi, hopeful grad entry applicant here too. Where is everyone applying?? I've submitted my application already yesterday and it felt scary!
Reply 93
does anyone know which universities really like ukcat? I'm trying to narrow down and since I got a good score there I wanna go for unis who will notice it..
Reply 94
Anyone going to Leeds open day tomorrow?
Reply 95
Hey Guys! Hows it going with personal statement? i'm just tryna find that final breathtaking paragraph!!!
Finished my biomedical science degree with a 2.1 this year and also done my ukcat!
Reply 96
How was your UKCAT score?
Original post by merrmerr
Hi, hopeful grad entry applicant here too. Where is everyone applying?? I've submitted my application already yesterday and it felt scary!

Hello, I've sent mine off too! Really glad it's out of the way now. Just have to sit back & wait.
I've applied to Liverpool, King's & UClLan. How about yourself? :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by *ChooseToShine*
Hello, I've sent mine off too! Really glad it's out of the way now. Just have to sit back & wait.
I've applied to Liverpool, King's & UClLan. How about yourself? :smile:

Why only three? are they all GEP?

I've applied to kings GEP, Kings5yr, UCLan & Barts. So far I have an interview at kings for the five year program. Have you finished your degree or are you in final year?
Reply 99
they are sending interview out already?

Quick Reply

Latest