The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Red Fox
Damn AQA, I've never liked them:biggrin:

If you don't know if its A or B i'll just 'store' you in A until you can be sure then tell me and i'll change it :smile:
Hey hey fellow new year 12's and crashers *cough* VIONAR *cough* :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helllooooo! I'm going to do biology (ocr), chemistry (ocr a), spanish (edexcel) and geology (ocr) :biggrin:

Is ocr a good exam board for A levels?
Reply 23
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It seems people either got A/B or D-U

Few Cs

I saw :s-smilie: and well I don't believe a pass should be an E :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Original post by techno836
If you don't know if its A or B i'll just 'store' you in A until you can be sure then tell me and i'll change it :smile:

I'm definitely on those exam boards I told you anyway:tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by blamethenargles
Hey hey fellow new year 12's and crashers *cough* VIONAR *cough* :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

:wave: :biggrin: I need to make the next year eleven thread, but I think the code will be my downfall!
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Helllooooo! I'm going to do biology (ocr), chemistry (ocr a), spanish (edexcel) and geology (ocr) :biggrin:

Is ocr a good exam board for A levels?

Spanish! I was so tempted to do the AS... :frown: I even bought some books... But I've decided against it!

Original post by techno836
I saw :s-smilie: and well I don't believe a pass should be an E :s-smilie:

Well, doesn't make a difference if it's a pass... Employers won't want it anyway:tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by Red Fox
I'm definitely on those exam boards I told you anyway:tongue:

it was just biology I think because theres ocr A and ocr B ... (although I believe every body will be doing A )
Reply 28
Spanish! I was so tempted to do the AS... :frown: I even bought some books... But I've decided against it!

Well, doesn't make a difference if it's a pass... Employers won't want it anyway:tongue:

Yeah :lol: but everybody complains about the Pass rate -.-
Reply 29
Year 12! Starting to make me feel old! :lol:

Old, but still not mature! :biggrin:

Oh well i suppose you could still learn spanish as a bit of a hobby :smile:
Reply 31
Hello!! Well, isn't this exciting?! Also, AQA Spanish, French, English language and Dance, OCR history :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Good luck to all of you in your GCSE results! :biggrin:

One word of advice for Year 12/Lower Sixth - Do not waste it, thinking you'll be able to do everything in Year 13/Upper Sixth. Always meet deadlines, and become friendly with your teachers - then if something out of your control does go wrong, it is much easier to rectify, even if it does mean you have to redo something in Year 13/Upper Sixth.

And don't forget to enjoy yourselves! College is a great part of life, even with the stress you will come across. Remember that grades aren't everything - being a nice person and being organised is much more important.

Also, for those wondering what sort of stationary you need for Lower Sixth - pens, pencils, and rulers go without saying. Even in an essay subject, you may want to do some rough work with pencils, or draw something which helps you remember when it comes to revision. If you're taking physics or maths, you will be needing a scientific calculator (for maths, graphical ones can help - especially on the MEI exam board. They are expensive, however (£50ish), so try and get one second-hand).

In general for all subjects, you will want a lever-arch folder for each subject to keep at home. Have some plastic wallets to separate modules instead of paper file dividers - the holes in the paper ones will become destroyed after some use (eg. For maths, I have a plastic wallet with C1 on the front, then behind that plastic wallet, I have more for each topic in C1. A single plastic wallet should be able to hold all work on a single topic within a module). Next, you will want a ring-binder or other sort of (small) folder just to carry around with you at college - especially if you are working on the same piece of paper for several days at a time.

Lastly - and perhaps the most important with the exception of pens, pencils and a ruler - paper. You will not be given paper in college unless a friend is able to lend you some. Try not to go for the paper pads which have glued spines, but rather those that are ring-binded (pukka pads or Oxford paper is very good indeed). As for the quality of paper - you will probably want 70gsm or more for it to not decintergrate within 10 minutes of use (obviously, the higher the quality, the more costly it is). Make sure you keep stocked on paper - you will get through much more than you think.
Reply 33
Hey y'all
Reply 34
I'm here.

All rise.

Now you may be seated.

:P
Reply 35
Original post by Choppie

Wall of help

I have no plastic wallets, I just thought of that! I have 4 big ring binders for home, and plenty of these refill pads of paper for everything, but I should probably get some other folders for use in school too like you say...
Reply 36
Original post by Tibbz2

I have no plastic wallets, I just thought of that! I have 4 big ring binders for home, and plenty of these refill pads of paper for everything, but I should probably get some other folders for use in school too like you say...

You can use paper file dividers, it's just the holes in them become easilly damaged. One trick to get around this, however, is to put sellotape over the holes on both sides of the file divider, and then punch the holes through that. The sellotape will last much longer than the paper.
Reply 37
Original post by Choppie
You can use paper file dividers, it's just the holes in them become easilly damaged. One trick to get around this, however, is to put sellotape over the holes on both sides of the file divider, and then punch the holes through that. The sellotape will last much longer than the paper.

Ah good idea, thanks again :smile:
Reply 38
PLease Quote or PM me your subjects because if i'm not on I might miss them :frown:
Reply 39
Look at all the new-ish people flooding in! :tongue: Unless they've been here for ages and I'm being stupid! :tongue:

Latest