The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Clearing 2013 accommodation?

Hey guys, been using this forum to check out unis for awhile now but its my first time posting here :smile:. Anyway, just got an e-mail from Hull confirming that they've received my Clearing confirmation via UCAS and that final acceptance should come through within a couple of days. Just wondering though, do i start applying for accommodations now or should i wait till they've officially accepted? Reason I ask is cause along with the original offer sent to me the university attached an undergraduate clearing residence application form which im assuming im supposed to print, fill in and send back to them? Getting kind of confused here and hoping to resolve this matter quickly while there are still some rooms available at the student halls. Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply 1
Yes fill it in and send it back asap. My daughter went through clearing last year but went to the clearing open day and she applied for her accom at the uni before she even accepted the offer on track.

You can email it or fax it according to this http://www2.hull.ac.uk/student/accommodation-new/accommodation%20hull/clearingaccommodation.aspx
(edited 10 years ago)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for clearing that up for me. If I may ask, what exactly does semi-catering entail? Does that mean meals are only provided on select days or is it something like only lunch/dinner? Also, how does your daughter find the food there in terms of quality/affordability?
Reply 3
Original post by KeithMe
Thanks for clearing that up for me. If I may ask, what exactly does semi-catering entail? Does that mean meals are only provided on select days or is it something like only lunch/dinner? Also, how does your daughter find the food there in terms of quality/affordability?

Just checking your course is hull based not Scarborough ? also this is info for the lawns no idea about other accom.

Ah the food , well she is a veggie and from what she has said she had the better deal . She said it was ok for her , it's chips with everything :wink: . Semi catered is for evening meal only and it's everyday during term time except i think 3 weeks at easter break . The cost is included in the rent so whatever happens even if u run out of money you know you are always going to get a dinner every day . She loved the Lawns and the rooms are ok , most have a balcony and have a sink area . I doubt there will be any en-suites left or the self catered option . There are 2 bathrooms per floor per 9 students on average .
she got a bus pass as she had uni everyday so was cheaper for her . Oh you have a proper kitchen so you can cook your own meals
there are some threads on here about the lawns with pics if u search .
Congrats on your place and i hope you enjoy Hull as much as my daughter has.

I
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Alix-21
Just checking your course is hull based not Scarborough ? also this is info for the lawns no idea about other accom.

Ah the food , well she is a veggie and from what she has said she had the better deal . She said it was ok for her , it's chips with everything :wink: . Semi catered is for evening meal only and it's everyday during term time except i think 3 weeks at easter break . The cost is included in the rent so whatever happens even if u run out of money you know you are always going to get a dinner every day . She loved the Lawns and the rooms are ok , most have a balcony and have a sink area . I doubt there will be any en-suites left or the self catered option . There are 2 bathrooms per floor per 9 students on average .
she got a bus pass as she had uni everyday so was cheaper for her . Oh you have a proper kitchen so you can cook your own meals
there are some threads on here about the lawns with pics if u search .
Congrats on your place and i hope you enjoy Hull as much as my daughter has.

I

Yup, Im at Hull not Scarborough. Sorry if I wasn't all too clear before, when I said cost I was actually asking about the viability of going self catered compared to semi/full. As in are the shop prices reasonable? International student here, so as it is with the current exchange rate costs are gonna run pretty high for me. Looking to save on anything I can.
Reply 5
Ah , makes things a bit different then .

You need to also look at length of contract for the semi/ catered ones as they are only 31 and 34 weeks , so you get kicked out at christmas.

Cheap food is available in the supermarkets you just need to know where to go, Farmfoods cheap for frozen foods , home bargains are good then there is poundland and smart price at ASDA, lidl and aldi also cheap.

Have a look at ASDA website see their smart price range to get an idea on cost .
Reply 6
Thanks, looks like that website is going to be my new best friend in the months to come. Yeah I was aware that the accommodation contracts only last till Christmas. Wasn't too sure why some were longer than the others though, e.g 31/34 weeks. Anyway thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it.
If you are running out of Ideas. I have an all inclusive 3 bed available via one of the main housing companies in Hull (Kegxill). It's 5 minutes from the Uni via foot at most.
Reply 8
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been checking in here recently. Sent my accommodation form in and it's still being processed at the moment. Will see how it goes for now. Ideally I would prefer accommodation in one of the student halls for the first term while I get myself sorted out. If I don't reply then just go ahead and assume I made it into one of the halls. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest