The Student Room Group

do degree and a-levels?

thankfully i got into greenwich uni to do mathematics Bsc. However, my a-levels are really bad. i was wondering if its possible to do a degree and a-levels at the same time. the a-levels ive done are maths, further maths, biology and chemistry, which are C, D, E, E respectively. my AS exam grades are fine but i did really bad in A2.

my plan was to retake the A2 exams for maths and further maths in my first year of uni as a private student. and in the second year of uni retake the A2 exams for biology and chemistry.

im just wondering if this is a good idea or not, would really help to hear your thoughts on this.

thank you :confused:

p.s. im thinking of doing this because apparently employers look at all your qualifications not just your uni degree
Reply 1
Original post by thufz
thankfully i got into greenwich uni to do mathematics Bsc. However, my a-levels are really bad. i was wondering if its possible to do a degree and a-levels at the same time. the a-levels ive done are maths, further maths, biology and chemistry, which are C, D, E, E respectively. my AS exam grades are fine but i did really bad in A2.

my plan was to retake the A2 exams for maths and further maths in my first year of uni as a private student. and in the second year of uni retake the A2 exams for biology and chemistry.

im just wondering if this is a good idea or not, would really help to hear your thoughts on this.

thank you :confused:

p.s. im thinking of doing this because apparently employers look at all your qualifications not just your uni degree

Not all employers do - bear that in mind.

My advice would be to not retake the A levels, you've obviously done brilliantly in getting in to uni and you don't want to add more pressure on you during your first year. I would concentrate on working as hard as you can to get a good degree from Greenwich.

Do you have any mitigating circumstances that might explain your A level results?
I think it would be more prudent to spend that time doing something else.
Reply 3
Original post by PotterLaw
Not all employers do - bear that in mind.

My advice would be to not retake the A levels, you've obviously done brilliantly in getting in to uni and you don't want to add more pressure on you during your first year. I would concentrate on working as hard as you can to get a good degree from Greenwich.

Do you have any mitigating circumstances that might explain your A level results?

the reason i did not do well is because i fell ill in January and couldn't do the exams so they kind of all piled up in june
Reply 4
Original post by thufz
the reason i did not do well is because i fell ill in January and couldn't do the exams so they kind of all piled up in june

Do you have proof? Like doctors notes etc? Any employers that do qs your A levels - that will be useful.

But you're in Uni so I would concentrate on that and not the a levels.

Just my opinion so good luck whatever you do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending