The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Astatine-85
My offer is unconditional. I've checked my e-mail and can't seem to find anything with the necessary information I need. I take it you have already received your e-mail with the username details?

I understand theres still plenty of time but wasn't sure if we were suppose to have received it yet. I was thinking of dropping the help desk an e-mail but thought I would check on here first to see what was what.

Oh that's strange, yeah I received my entrant email in like March...
Search "reigstry-ug" into your email inbox, that's who the email I received was adressed from :smile: Otherwise yeah, sending them a wee email would probably be best :smile: Good luck and hope you find the info you need! X
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by sarahcrs_10
Oh that's strange, yeah I received my entrant email in like March...
Search "reigstry-ug" into your email inbox, that's who the email I received was adressed from :smile: Otherwise yeah, sending them a wee email would probably be best :smile: Good luck and hope you find the info you need! X

Your advice on searching for 'Registry ug' was correct and I have managed to locate the e-mail. It was in my inbox after all. I have just activated my account online. Thanks again - much appreciated.
Original post by Astatine-85
Your advice on searching for 'Registry ug' was correct and I have managed to locate the e-mail. It was in my inbox after all. I have just activated my account online. Thanks again - much appreciated.

No worries! Glad you have found it and managed to get sorted :smile: See you in September :biggrin: Not long now!
Hi! I'm doing Psychology and Social Anthro too! I heard from accommodation today! :smile:
Original post by rebeccafiona
Hi! I'm doing Psychology and Social Anthro too! I heard from accommodation today! :smile:

Hiya! Oh yay :biggrin: What accomodation did you get? I've still not heard :frown: Sad times!
Hiya! Oh yay :biggrin: What accomodation did you get? I've still not heard :frown: Sad times!

i got Albany Park (my first choice) yeah just keep checking isaint!

Oh, that's wonderful that you got your first choice :biggrin: Look forward to seeing you in September!!

Hi, what is isaint? Do you only get access to it once your offer becomes unconditional?
Original post by Emily Martha
Hi, what is isaint? Do you only get access to it once your offer becomes unconditional?

Yes
Full of questions today; does anyone know what the holiday policy is about bringing things home from your room? Do you have to, or can you leave it there until you get back?
Original post by Emily Martha
Full of questions today; does anyone know what the holiday policy is about bringing things home from your room? Do you have to, or can you leave it there until you get back?

Over Christmas and March Break: If you're in self-catered, you and your things can stay. If you're in catered, your belongings can stay, but you have to leave :smile:
Hi, I have an unconditional offer for my JYA and I filled out my accommodation form really early but I haven't gotten an email about housing yet. I keep checking my SaintMail but how do I check my iSaint? I know how to log in but where will my accommodation offer pop up? Thx
Original post by tinydreamer67
Hi, I have an unconditional offer for my JYA and I filled out my accommodation form really early but I haven't gotten an email about housing yet. I keep checking my SaintMail but how do I check my iSaint? I know how to log in but where will my accommodation offer pop up? Thx

Your accommodation will come to your email. Do not worry about not having heard yet, lots of people still haven't. Hopefully they will continue rolling out offers next week. :-) x
Your accommodation will come to your email. Do not worry about not having heard yet, lots of people still haven't. Hopefully they will continue rolling out offers next week. :-) x

Thanks! :smile:
I just heard about my accommodation, I'm in Gannochy House! Is anyone else going to be there??
Original post by graciereid
I'm in Gannochy House!

As a PG or UG?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ElizabethRG
As a PG or UG?

UG
UG

Ah, so they are putting UGs in there this year! I guess you all eat in Sallies; the dining hall is awesome :smile:
Original post by ElizabethRG
Ah, so they are putting UGs in there this year! I guess you all eat in Sallies; the dining hall is awesome :smile:

Yea we eat at Sallies! What's it like, apart from quite small which I like!
Yea we eat at Sallies! What's it like, apart from quite small which I like!

Well, I'm not sure how your experience will differ (I think Gannochy has some kitchens and a common room as well?). The smallness can get a bit annoying (everyone knows everything about everyone) but in general it's a pretty friendly hall. Obviously it's gorgeous on the inside and outside (the dining hall looks like a mini-version of Hogwarts) and the location is unparalleled. If you're ever up really early (it's worth doing at least once :wink: ), head down to Castle Sands or the Pier for sunrise :smile: Best part of living in Sallies imo. Also we have the awesomeness which is High Table, which means better food that evening. It's wonderful.

Depending which part of Gannochy you're in, you might be right next to the music hall, in which case I recommend having a pair of earplugs on hand as every once in a while they're a concert/rehearsal well into the night. Only downside of the location is the noise; a few balls/parades are within earshot and they can be very loud very late.

But Sallies is awesome and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in Gannochy/Sallies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending