The Student Room Group

Succession Examples

Hey, I was interested to hear what other people have used/are using for the "example" of succession in A2 Biology.

A common example in the text books seems to be sand dunes. However I was wondering if I could use the example of simple bare rock, lichens, shrubs and ending in oak, berch trees etc. It seems easier to remember as its closer to home and I avoid the weird names like "sea-rocket" included in sand dunes.

Any comments welcomed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarkProbio
x

Yes, you can. OCR A2 F215 mark schemes have allowed 'alternative' examples of succession where you make clear links to the relationship between pioneer species leading to a climax community etc.

As always however, use your own examples with a pinch of salt, for example, if the specification (you'll need to check this for your exam board) requires you use the sand dune example you'll just have to remember that one.
Reply 2
Well I am on OCR so that's good to hear. I think I may look at a few mark schemes and make my decision based on that. Not sure I want to be relying on "alternative examples", considering how harsh examiners are nowadays anyway. Thank you. :smile:
Original post by MarkProbio
x

No worries, scour some mark schemes and see whats acceptable. Good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending