The Student Room Group

Girls....where do you buy your everyday clothes?

Scroll to see replies

Fat face, top shop, warehouse, h&m .... M&S (they actually have some really nice things in at the moment!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Topshop, Next, River Island, New Look .... all by way of ebay. :biggrin:

Oh and yes, charity shops as well!
(edited 10 years ago)
New Look mainly because I think they're quite good value, but I've recently been splashing out a bit more in River Island and Topshop.
Reply 63
I shop mostly anywhere but these are my favourite everyday shops http://est-rangedd.tumblr.com/wis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Primark, New Look, H&M, Matalan and George.
Urban outfitters, Primark, New look occasionally, quite like tesco and asda's men sections for jumpers and hoodies as well :colonhash:
Mostly high street shops. I like New Look the best.
Reply 67
Charity Shops-especially Oxfam,BHF and CR (not being picky I shop in all but there are the biggest proliferation of these near my apartment)
H&M-(used to love it but quality of certain items has declined lately at least in my perception but still buy basic vest tops etc..)
Zara
I recently got a scarf and beanie from Topshop and some tights on sale but otherwise dont shop there.

Oh and ASOS.
Reply 68
Fat Face, White Stuff, Animal

Posted from TSR Mobile
New look and peacocks and soemtimes dorothy perkins ... they're the only shops in my town that are in my kind of price range/ not for old people.

I sometimes get stuff from primark when I'm at a place with them. I've only ever bought plain and basic things from there though, with their record I never buy things with sequins/beads on, only plain t-shirts/cardigans. I'll also get basic t-shirts and pjs etc from supermarkets.

I volunteer in a charity shop and have got soem good bargains.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 70
There's a place I go to called Trafford Knitwear who sell high street brands like Topshop, Warehouse & other brands really cheap. If you live/go to uni in the Leicestershire area, they have two warehouse shops; one in Ashby-De-La-Zouch and the other in Hinckley. I bought loads from there the other week... Topshop midi dress for £15 and another Warehouse dress for £15 (which should have been £95)!

I know that's not much use to those who don't live close to there, but they did say that they are hopefully setting up a shop on-line soon! They do have a facebook page though... https://www.facebook.com/traffordclothing?ref=hl
Reply 71
Newlook, Primark and Topshop
Topshop, Superdry, Forever 21, Hollister/A&F, River Island, Republic etc. I very rarely shop online as I need to try stuff on before I buy.
Reply 73
Most of my stuff is from eBay or various charity shops as it's cheap and you can find some amazing little bargains if you're willing to look hard enough. I used to feel a little odd about wearing second hand stuff, but I got over it years ago and I'm so glad I did. I'm not that into fashion and prefer my jeans and random geeky shirts/hoodies, and those places are brilliant for those. It also helps me a lot as I don't like to spend a fortune on clothes.

I do like Superdry's check shirts and will wear them from time to time, although I've managed to pick up a bunch of those for between £5-10 each on eBay and would never buy them if they were full price. Just don't think most designer things are worth it.

I'll go to Primark and supermarkets for things like underwear, and maybe some odd bits and bobs if they're cheap enough and I like the look of them.
Reply 74
I think 'thrifting' has provided me with most of my wardrobe, I went to the US and basically got a load of stuff from Goodwill really cheap, lots of different brands, a few things from Oxfam too (including a Karen Millen top) and garage sales.

In terms of high street Zara for coats and trousers, but H&M is more in my price range, I get things on occasion from topshop - although most is overpriced low quality. M&S is great for knitwear currently. Stories is one of my favourite online stores (although I've never bought anything from there, I definitely would if I had money to spend on clothes now). Urban outfitters occasionally in the past (during sales) before I realised how ludicrously overpriced it all is. French connection, uniqlo, AA, all have good quality stuff. ASOS has some good brands but their own range is pretty low quality so I don't bother. TK Maxx is also really good for better quality clothes.

I don't own anything from new look, primark or river island because I dislike the style and find the quality to be incredibly poor. For example all of the knitwear is acrylic and the tops polyester, I am fussy about materials and always check labels.

Quick Reply

Latest