The Student Room Group

How could I get into Chemical Engineering ?

Just wondering are there any course in collage I can do, then after the course I could apply to unis that have chemical engineering ? Or do uni's only accept a levels ?
Reply 1
Original post by User32432432
Just wondering are there any course in collage I can do, then after the course I could apply to unis that have chemical engineering ? Or do uni's only accept a levels ?

you could do an HNC or HND plus an a-level in maths or btec qualifications are also accepted if combined with other things. Some unis accept that or you could do an apprenticeship with a chemical company and get level 3 and level 4 qualifications and transfer into the second year of chem eng at university(usually most of the companies will pay this for you).
Reply 2
Original post by a10
you could do an HNC or HND plus an a-level in maths or btec qualifications are also accepted if combined with other things. Some unis accept that or you could do an apprenticeship with a chemical company and get level 3 and level 4 qualifications and transfer into the second year of chem eng at university(usually most of the companies will pay this for you).

Do know of any companies that run apprenticeship for chemical engineering ?
And do they usually have any requirements ?
Reply 3
Original post by User32432432
Do know of any companies that run apprenticeship for chemical engineering ?
And do they usually have any requirements ?

no you would have to do some research to find those companies but they certainly do exist as for do they have requirements well of course they do, they aren't going to let random people on it hence competitive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending