The Student Room Group

Biology Coursework

Hi, I was told i got 32/40 for my AS biology coursework, on my results both on paper and on my college website says i got 32/60 UMS for it, is this a mistake? shouldn't it of been scaled up? (I emailed my college but no reply)
Original post by jacksonmeg
Hi, I was told i got 32/40 for my AS biology coursework, on my results both on paper and on my college website says i got 32/60 UMS for it, is this a mistake? shouldn't it of been scaled up? (I emailed my college but no reply)

The score of 32 out of 40 is likely your raw mark whereas the 32 out of 60 is the scaled UMS mark.
Reply 2
I was told I got 39/40, but I ended up with 48/60 UMS. A few others on here have reported similar concerns.

I think its basically because teachers often help students with the coursework and mark leniently in hope it will go unnoticed. As a result, the grades will go down when they're internally/externally moderated.

Biology coursework seems a bit of a joke, it's annoying how hard it is to get a good grade because examiners have to be so harsh, but at the same time it's only worth 20% and as long as you don't do terrible your exams should be able to make up for it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending