The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Mixed Sex Dorms

Hey, everyone!

I just have a quick question. I'm starting Lincoln in September and I'll be living in the Junxion. When filling out the form, I requested a mixed sex dorm rather than an all female dorm. I was just wondering if there was any chance I would end up the only female in an all male room? They wouldn't do that, right?
Reply 1
Hi. Not dorms like you have in the US. Apartments with single rooms. So would expect at least one other lady.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by accomguru
Hi. Not dorms like you have in the US. Apartments with single rooms. So would expect at least one other lady.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Sorry, I don't know what else to call them besides dorms but I guess apartment works! So there won't be all guys with like one girl in an apartment? There will be at least two of each sex?
Reply 3
Hi doll. I'm going into my second year in September and am staying in the junxion again with my friend from first year. We too have chosen the mixed sex and this year there were four girls and two guys and it suited us fine, we're the same sort of set up this year. Haven't really heard of girls being on their own with all boys and vice versa. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by tinxabellx
Hi doll. I'm going into my second year in September and am staying in the junxion again with my friend from first year. We too have chosen the mixed sex and this year there were four girls and two guys and it suited us fine, we're the same sort of set up this year. Haven't really heard of girls being on their own with all boys and vice versa. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It helps a ton! Thank you so much! :smile:
Generally in the uni's own accommodation at Lincoln the flats are fairly equally mixed; I was in Courts in first year and it was 3 girls and 3 guys, so I imagine it'll be similar in Junxion according to what I've heard from others who have lived there. :smile:
In my first year at Brayford Quay, it was me, three other girls, and two guys! This year, it was me, another girl, and two guys. Next year coming up, it's me, another female friend, a male friend, and a random strange I haven't met yet (we're assuming it's probably gonna be another guy though)!

Also, hi! I think I've been talking to you on Tumblr... American studying drama?! :O Small world!

Quick Reply

Latest