The Student Room Group

BA geography with ABCD

Hiyaaaaa :smile:Recently got my AS grades and got a A in Geography (very happy with only predicted a C) and BCD in biology, sociology and Psychology which I will be dropping. I am looking at applying to BA geography courses at Hull, Plymouth and Oxford brooked and a few unis which I'm undecided about!
I'm asking whether it work me applying to a ABB courses as I will be predicted A* B C or whether I will not stand a chance due to getting a C! Does anyone have any experience of applying to geography with similar grades? Where did you apply and what with??
Many Thanks!! :biggrin:

Ps! Does anyone have experience of doing geog at uni? Is it much better than a level? Any extra information would be great! I'm doing edexcel exam board at a level!
Reply 1
Original post by Emilyjk
Hiyaaaaa :smile:Recently got my AS grades and got a A in Geography (very happy with only predicted a C) and BCD in biology, sociology and Psychology which I will be dropping. I am looking at applying to BA geography courses at Hull, Plymouth and Oxford brooked and a few unis which I'm undecided about!
I'm asking whether it work me applying to a ABB courses as I will be predicted A* B C or whether I will not stand a chance due to getting a C! Does anyone have any experience of applying to geography with similar grades? Where did you apply and what with??
Many Thanks!! :biggrin:

Ps! Does anyone have experience of doing geog at uni? Is it much better than a level? Any extra information would be great! I'm doing edexcel exam board at a level!

could you not retake that C grade? It would open more doors to you being predicted & achieving ABB.
Reply 2
I already retook one of the biology exams in which I got an E where I did both AS exams in the summer and got a C and I don't think I want to retake it again! Especially as all my A2 exams will be in the summer :frown: and want to concentrate on them moreeee
Reply 3
Okay, quick run through of what happened to me. I'm doing BA Geography.

AS = CCD
A2 = BCC, A(GEN STUDIES)

Decided to re-do the year. Managed to get ABB predicted.

Applied to

UCL, Exeter, Lancaster, Holloway, UWE

Got offers from 4, only being rejected by UCL, although they left it to the last moment. I think my personal statement was what kept them interested (it was good).

Eventually got A*BB (* in Geog), along with A in Gen studies.

Now going to Exeter for BA Geography which is a AAA-AAB required course.

You can aim a tad higher I think. Good luck yo.

I
Reply 4
Thanks acedlol ps! Can I asked what you put in your personal statement? And did you have much work experience and experience related to geography?? As I'm looking at volunteering with a organisation to increase my chances!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending