The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Am i too late to change courses??

Hi,
i was hoping someone would be able to help me :tongue:
So i've got a place at University of Salford for accounting and finance, however i'm really starting to want to do Fine Art instead as i know i would highly regret it if i did not.
The thing is i would have to go Manchester Met to do this. I had already chosen this uni for accounting as my insurance so now my question is will they accept me?? Do you think there is any chance of them changing the course as i know their clearing for fine art is no longer available.
Thanks!!
Reply 1
Someone please advise!!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
If it's not in clearing, it's unlikely unfortunately.
That generally means the course if full up!

It's always worth phoning up and asking though. MMU are generally fairly reasonable with these things - If they can help, they will.
Reply 3
Thanks a lot for your help! :smile:
Reply 4
It is very competitive to get into Manchester School of Art.... I was on the BA Fashion Design and Technology course at MMU, and tried my hardest to transfer internally to BA Fashion - taught in the School of Art - after my first year in May. No luck, and was told to wait until the following January to apply again, so I did, had an interview and was accepted to start second year again in September. So essentially I am at uni for four years instead of three but I don't mind.

They are inundated with applicants so by all means apply and see if you can still pass through clearing but in my case I had to apply all over again. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by supergirl#1
It is very competitive to get into Manchester School of Art.... I was on the BA Fashion Design and Technology course at MMU, and tried my hardest to transfer internally to BA Fashion - taught in the School of Art - after my first year in May. No luck, and was told to wait until the following January to apply again, so I did, had an interview and was accepted to start second year again in September. So essentially I am at uni for four years instead of three but I don't mind.

They are inundated with applicants so by all means apply and see if you can still pass through clearing but in my case I had to apply all over again. Good luck!

how many hours is the mmu fashion design and technology course?? starting in 3 weeks!!
Reply 6
Original post by fbennett
how many hours is the mmu fashion design and technology course?? starting in 3 weeks!!

For me there were 17 hours a week, but you are expected to put in a lot more hours than that outside of lessons. I don't know if it will have changed for you though because our year was the first year of it running when I started

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending