The Student Room Group

Haven't heard back from Student Finance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So I have the same problem .On my online application says

"We have all the information that we need to progress your application - you don't need to send us anything."

But I've been waiting for ages and nothing happens.I rang them twice and all I heard is :We are processing,you need to wait.
I havent even received any entitlement mail and I don't know where I stand. My uni is starting in two weeks and I don't have much money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have to say I'm a bit worried and somewhat cross.

I made my application on the 17th July. Didn't hear anything so I rang SFE on the 28th August to find out that my application had been "hanging" in the system with some sort of ID error on their part. So my application had been sitting there. doing nothing and presumably would have stayed like that unless I had rung them. The lady apologised and said I would be assessed within 5-7 working days. So yesterday I rang back and found out that it would take up to 20 working days for it to be assessed.

It mean that it might not get sorted out by the beginning of term on the 23rd September. I'm trying not to get worried about it but I can see this dragging on. :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by Paul.lt
So I have the same problem .On my online application says

"We have all the information that we need to progress your application - you don't need to send us anything."

But I've been waiting for ages and nothing happens.I rang them twice and all I heard is :We are processing,you need to wait.
I havent even received any entitlement mail and I don't know where I stand. My uni is starting in two weeks and I don't have much money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by GregOrganist
I have to say I'm a bit worried and somewhat cross.

I made my application on the 17th July. Didn't hear anything so I rang SFE on the 28th August to find out that my application had been "hanging" in the system with some sort of ID error on their part. So my application had been sitting there. doing nothing and presumably would have stayed like that unless I had rung them. The lady apologised and said I would be assessed within 5-7 working days. So yesterday I rang back and found out that it would take up to 20 working days for it to be assessed.

It mean that it might not get sorted out by the beginning of term on the 23rd September. I'm trying not to get worried about it but I can see this dragging on. :frown:

Hi guys I have the same problem and still have where it says we have everything we need etc. phoned them up, and for once the guy I was talking to was very helpful, I asked him what the issue was etc. and was worried he told me to hold for 2 minutes then told me that I have to send in evidence that my mother is a single parent which I've just sent today, and that was what was causing the delay if you have a similar issue message me I'll be glad to help, if it's not the case I STRONGLY urge you to contact them and ask why your application isn't being processed
Their number is 0845 300 5090 HOWEVER since it's an 0845 number it'll charge you, I've found the number that will be billed like a normal landline number and here it is 0141 243 3600 once again strongly urge you folks, and anyone else to just ring them up with the 0141 number and ask them why your application is the same, I'm screwed untill this is all solved with the evidence being processed but hey guess It's time to empty my savers xd ! good luck guys and please contact me I'll try to help you!
Reply 23
I was in the same position earlier on today until I decided to ring them and got a really disheartening shock. Firstly they say they still need a p60 even though we sent it in July then they need my mum to fill in the pff2 form which was sent and we have the photocopies to prove it so we basically spent the afternoon on the phone to them and my mum was furious. We are getting this sorted tomorrow so anyone who hasn't heard anything should ring them ASAP.
Reply 24
Original post by Lol_Fish
Hi guys I have the same problem and still have where it says we have everything we need etc. phoned them up, and for once the guy I was talking to was very helpful, I asked him what the issue was etc. and was worried he told me to hold for 2 minutes then told me that I have to send in evidence that my mother is a single parent which I've just sent today, and that was what was causing the delay if you have a similar issue message me I'll be glad to help, if it's not the case I STRONGLY urge you to contact them and ask why your application isn't being processed
Their number is 0845 300 5090 HOWEVER since it's an 0845 number it'll charge you, I've found the number that will be billed like a normal landline number and here it is 0141 243 3600 once again strongly urge you folks, and anyone else to just ring them up with the 0141 number and ask them why your application is the same, I'm screwed untill this is all solved with the evidence being processed but hey guess It's time to empty my savers xd ! good luck guys and please contact me I'll try to help you!

in the same situation as well. Its so frustrating because I called them for a completely different reason today only to find out that they wont accept my mum's payslip as an alternative to the p60 even though we spoke to them on the phone and they said it was fine and this was back in July!! but I hope you get your money in time. It seems like everything is dragging. :angry:
Reply 25
Original post by kaypc
in the same situation as well. Its so frustrating because I called them for a completely different reason today only to find out that they wont accept my mum's payslip as an alternative to the p60 even though we spoke to them on the phone and they said it was fine and this was back in July!! but I hope you get your money in time. It seems like everything is dragging. :angry:

P60 for what xd?
Reply 26
My case is a bit different. You see I had to provide the evidence that I was self supporting for the past 3 years so I sent all the evidence like a month ago and now on my application it says that they don't need any evidence.I rang them twice and both times they said I have to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Even though I've sent them my passport details (online) like four times anytime I log in it seems to suggest I haven't done it, so i've got no choice but to ring them and ask what the hell is going on.

Also Lucas, mine was submitted 3 months ago and I still haven't heard anything......
I'm having the exact problem as the majority of people on this thread, was told that my application was going to get processed and still hasn't for some reason dead worried about the fact that I am due to start in less than 2 weeks. The student finance loan service is extremely disorganised they will tell you everything is fine few weeks days later nothing has changed whatsoever seems like the people you talk to on the phone aren't even trustworthy.
Reply 29
So I called them yesterday and it turns out they haven't even started processing my application even though I applied in March! They said there was something wrong and will start processing now.So My advice to all of you keep calling them. previously I've been told that everything is OK with my application but as you see they just started to precess it now....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Same situation. So stressed!! D: Account says everything is fine appication is getting processed , no evidence needed. Called SFE last week asking "when will I get my declaration/entitlement letterr? my Uni is now asking for it", They said 10 days.. that was yesterday. Called them today and the guy said that my application has not been processed at all!! Due to the fact that they thought that I still need to submit evidence?!! Guy said they will fix that and send my application to be processed but that will take another 10-15 days and then even more after that to get my entitlement letter!! And I start uni on the 23rd . I'm so angry and sad and stressed.Emailed the university now, don't know what else I could do.... Any advice? TT_TT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending