The Student Room Group

Remark for an A* in Biology A level

Hi,

specifically talking about biology, I achieved 108 and 106 ums (out of 120) in both the A2 exams, which is 90% and 88.3%, and 48/60 in the coursework.

after moderation my raw coursework score was 42/45, and the A* boundary for A2 Biology Coursework (unit 6) is 38.

after sending the scores to the exam board the grade came back to be 80% - A at 48/60.

I am really baffled at this because I had 47/60 last year and have made all the corrections according to the examiners feedback.

now my overall grade was A, but the A2 score was 262 ums, and 270 is required for the A*.

so to all you out there, would it be worth a remark for a shot at the A* grade, keeping in mind i need it to go up 8ums... to 56/60 to get the 270 (90%).

thanks guys
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Well you arent going to go down to a B if you lose marks as it is VERY unlikely you will lose 22 :')

So if you go for it you have peace of mind that you have nothing to lose :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Dingo749
Well you arent going to go down to a B if you lose marks as it is VERY unlikely you will lose 22 :')

So if you go for it you have peace of mind that you have nothing to lose :smile:

thanks alot man :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest