The Student Room Group

St George's Healthcare Science

Hi guys! Thought it would be nice to get to know some of you before the course starts in September :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey hey I'm studying healthcare at st George's too. Are you planning on staying in halls? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hey there! :smile:
Yeppp, applied through clearing so I'm still waiting for accommodation but yeah I'll be staying in Halls! 5 Weeks left but I can't wait :eek:
Reply 3
Original post by LtNoddy
Hey there! :smile:
Yeppp, applied through clearing so I'm still waiting for accommodation but yeah I'll be staying in Halls! 5 Weeks left but I can't wait :eek:

I'm exactly the same! Applied through clearing, just need to sort out my accommodation. How far have you gotten with that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I already have a room from a previous application but need a room change cus healthcare science is longer so i'm just waiting :frown:
Reply 5
Ah right. I had to start from scratch cos I wasn't going to George's at first but they emailed me saying they had accommodation spare. The accommodation is amazing from what I read.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It's only a year or so old? and from their website, the virtual tour makes the place look REALLY nice, much nicer than some of the halls from other unis :biggrin:
Reply 7
Plus each flat gets its own flat screen plasma tv, though I think we need a tv licence to use it plus we'll probably be too busy studying to watch tv of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I dont think its all flats, its just that each block has a common room thats outfitted with a Plasma TV! I need a TV for background noise when working, so used to hearing people talk during revision :frown:
Reply 9
I get to easily distracted by tv in the background and end up watching more tv then studying haha. As long as I have other people studying around me, studying the same kind of thing I can get on with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'll be studying the EXACT same thing for the first year at least so I'll make sure you work haha :tongue:
I swear there's a lot more people doing this course, where are they all? :frown:
Reply 11
Thanks :smile: I know! I think the interviewer told me we should be in a class of around 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Whoaaa that's pretty small! I liiiiiike!
Reply 13
Yeah I was talking to a med student there and she said they like to keep their class sizes small at st George's, makes for better teachings and we can have debates. Pretty good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Never found any good in big classes, had the biggest classes in the year group during AS, trust me it didnt go well!
Reply 15
Same, I did better in the classes that were smaller cos your more likely to get the teachers attention. Plus we should get to know our "class mates" better. All in all pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
So how are you getting ready for uni?
Reply 17
I haven't even started! I have so much to buy, and I know I'm going to forget something! I need to buy a new laptop as well but I'm no good with choosing, don't really understand any of that computer talk, so I'm getting my brother to choose for me (he's 12 and knows way more then me) how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Well if you need help on anything just ask, and I'm really good with helping choose laptops!

Here's a really good checklist from John Lewis, I got it in the post with a magazine from UCAS and it's so helpful!
http://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/content/JohnLewis/university_checklist_120713pdf?intcmp=Offtouni_Checklist_120713
Reply 19
Cheers :smile: and the same to you too. I think I'm getting a hp pavilion sleekbook, what do you think? I got that list to, just need to get round to buying the stuff on the list haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending