The Student Room Group

Worth applying to a AAB course with my AS results?

Hey guys, got my AS levels back the other day and was just wondering if its worth applying to the University of Birmingham Maths BSci course with these grades:
- Maths - a (290 UMS)
- Chemistry - b (229 UMS)
- Physics - b (225 UMS)
- (and another irrelavent AS as I'll be dropping it)
So is it worth applying to UoB's Math course seeing as they ask for AAA-AAB? Also, how likely is it that I'll be able to get at least 2 A's with the UMS points that I have? All help is greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
also, is it worth applying to a maths course at all seeing as they are pretty competitive?
Reply 2
It is pretty achievable with your grades. So you can apply to a one university above your prediction grades.
Reply 3
Original post by JohnGreen
Hey guys, got my AS levels back the other day and was just wondering if its worth applying to the University of Birmingham Maths BSci course with these grades:
- Maths - a (290 UMS)
- Chemistry - b (229 UMS)
- Physics - b (225 UMS)
- (and another irrelavent AS as I'll be dropping it)
So is it worth applying to UoB's Math course seeing as they ask for AAA-AAB? Also, how likely is it that I'll be able to get at least 2 A's with the UMS points that I have? All help is greatly appreciated!

Have you thought about studying Further Maths to at least AS level considering you want to study maths at uni?
If you have predicted grades of what they require than they'll definitely consider you! (I'm not saying they wouldn't otherwise, but it's less likely they would).
Reply 5
Original post by Dingo749
Have you thought about studying Further Maths to at least AS level considering you want to study maths at uni?

wanted to but my school doesn't offer it, so i bought the first further pure book and am working through it, contemplating doing it as a private candidate? but thanks for the advice
Reply 6
If you apply, then don't set your heart on it. You'll also need to consider your other choices carefully and pick somewhere you're more likely to get into. You'll also need a really excellent personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest