The Student Room Group

I am really, really sick of seeing this thread cloned over and over

Scroll to see replies

Original post by guitardad
not this thread *facepalm*, the kinds of threads the OP is talking about!

Oh! Sorry :tongue: I agree
Agreed. I got BCD at AS and after talking to I don't know ... MY TEACHERS.... I got AAA at A2 after motivating myself and working harder, whining on a forum is wasting time and if you got BDEU you're probably good at that - I know I was.
+1 to this. Came out with DEU in my first year and pulled up to an AAB in resits. Same as above really.
Reply 23
Original post by roh
Does seem to be an peculiarly AS thing though (albeit with GCSEs due soon), you don't see any threads along the lines of 'OMG I've massively ballsed up the disso, will my parents ever love me again?!?!?!?!' or even A2 that much.

True, but most simply don't understand what they can do about it. Many will think they've got no chance of university, or have royally screwed up their career prospects. Of course it can get a little tedious, but I can sympathize with most.
Original post by felamaslen
parrot-love.jpg

Like this?

Indeed lol
Original post by paradoxicalme

So, if I start revising 4782648 hours a week from day 1 of A2 year, do every past paper in existence, blackmail the head of AQA with Photoshopped photos of him having sex with a pigeon to get him to make me more past papers, do them, go over the specifications with a magnifying glass, give up sleeping, eating and breathing (okay, I might breathe on the weekends, but it'll be a LUXURY), retake all my AS exams alongside my A2s while wearing my lucky socks and crossing my fingers, toes, eyes and appendix...do you reckon I will be able to get A*A*A? Because I reckon I can. Seriously."

Hahaha! Very funny; that quote is going on my profile so I can always check it around revision/results time. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest