The Student Room Group

How would I find WJEC Biology?

Hey, I'm a grade B student in AQA GCSE Biology (Kinda weird how my school goes from AQA in GCSE then to WJEC at A Level, I know) but I've heard that in A Level Biology people's grades tend to jump down? Will that happen to me?
Reply 1
Original post by Lightning.
Hey, I'm a grade B student in AQA GCSE Biology (Kinda weird how my school goes from AQA in GCSE then to WJEC at A Level, I know) but I've heard that in A Level Biology people's grades tend to jump down? Will that happen to me?

Not if you work hard enough from the start :smile:
Reply 2
I did AQA Biology for GCSE and I've just completed WJEC AS Biology with an A. I had an A at GCSE but even with a B it shows that you're very capable of the content so it just means you need to put a lot of hard work in because the workload is so much more. I know loads of teachers etc will say it's a big jump from GCSE to AS/A2 and it really is, especially for Biology because you need to memorise so much work. It's worth looking through the specs for the topics you'll be covering to see if you'll enjoy it. I personally really enjoyed them. If you think you'll enjoy it and are willing to put a lot of work into it, from the start then you will get a good grade. (I thought I'd drop a grade at A level too but once you understand the amount of work you need to put in, it'll work out fine!).

Quick Reply

Latest