The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
zero101
I know that York has a better rep 4 eco....but by how much?
they r both b.s.c btw

i would definitely go to york cus its got the economics course i wanna do. It is very strange that in 2003 the requirements is bbb and abb in 2004 and next year it will be aab?
University of York
York
Reply 2
TheWolf
i would definitely go to york cus its got the economics course i wanna do. It is very strange that in 2003 the requirements is bbb and abb in 2004 and next year it will be aab?

Not really - it means they're getting more and more applications last year and the course is getting oversubscribed.
Reply 3
zero101
I know that York has a better rep 4 eco....but by how much?
they r both b.s.c btw

I considered both Birmingham and York for Economics and much preferred York. It has a very good reputation in Economics it also has a better overall reputation. The city is lovely too!
Reply 4
mg84
I considered both Birmingham and York for Economics and much preferred York. It has a very good reputation in Economics it also has a better overall reputation. The city is lovely too!

Definately York... better rep, good course. I thought Birmingham was to crowded whereas york is more beautiful and clean.
With repect to increasing grade offers, i think the league tables are responsible as well. The rankings are partly based on average a levels so unis are increasing thier grades to move higher up the table.

Latest