The Student Room Group

Disappointing AS

Ok i'll try and keep it short but basically i didn't do well in my AS levels at all, failing 3 of them. I had thought i did enough revision but the results show otherwise, i don't know if it was the pressure of the exams getting to me or what :frown: So i'm here asking anyone who has the experience of completing their A levels the question of : what happens now? Is it possible for me to retake the exams in 2014 while doing A2 at the same time? I'm pretty socially anxious so i really don't want to retake the year for 2 reasons, 1. The year below are uh, well to keep it polite, obnoxious. And 2. I've got a lot of good friends in my current year and they pretty much helped me bare the pressures of AS since i did well in all my module tests and coursework but just not in the summer exams :frown:.
Reply 1
what grades did u get
Reply 2
if u tell me ur grades then maybe i could help u
Reply 3
The only way you can see this is either by changing schools/college or retaking the year... What did you get? If you got U's, then you can't do ahead with year 13
Reply 4
Change college and do a levels again and don't do all hard subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm in the exact same situation right now! Didn't do as well on my AS's as i'd hoped. I'm just stuck whether to resit the year or resit exams on top of A2. I'll probably resit exams on top of A2 year, as much work as it seems, it'll probably be worth it. My advice to you would probably to do the same
I didn't get what I wanted in my AS's last year, I had pretty good GCSE results but didn't do enough work for a levels, I wasn't doing great most the year and I didn't feel like the teachers wanted to help me last year in my AS levels I got
Biology-D
History-C
Chemistry-U
Maths-D

This year I went to college to retake the year, quite a few people at the college were doing the same and no one really cared that you were retaking the year. My AS results from this year
Biology-A
Chemistry-A
Maths-A
Psychology-B

You need to ask yourself if A levels are what you definitely want to do, did you do well in mocks but just panic in the exams? Did you put in the most work you could? Do you genuinely believe you can do a lot better this time round. I don't know your results but if you want to continue this year it is possible to pull your grades up if you are committed and work hard but bear in mind there are no January exams so you will be left with A LOT of exams in the summer which may not be ideal if you are struggling now
Reply 7
Original post by Ermahgerdexams
I didn't get what I wanted in my AS's last year, I had pretty good GCSE results but didn't do enough work for a levels, I wasn't doing great most the year and I didn't feel like the teachers wanted to help me last year in my AS levels I got
Biology-D
History-C
Chemistry-U
Maths-D

This year I went to college to retake the year, quite a few people at the college were doing the same and no one really cared that you were retaking the year. My AS results from this year
Biology-A
Chemistry-A
Maths-A
Psychology-B

You need to ask yourself if A levels are what you definitely want to do, did you do well in mocks but just panic in the exams? Did you put in the most work you could? Do you genuinely believe you can do a lot better this time round. I don't know your results but if you want to continue this year it is possible to pull your grades up if you are committed and work hard but bear in mind there are no January exams so you will be left with A LOT of exams in the summer which may not be ideal if you are struggling now

Yeah my coursework was pretty good throughout the year but i think the pressure of the exams really got to me and screwed me over :/ Well done on the huge improvement though :smile: I've decided i'll be retaking the year at another 6th form college since doing AS and A2 exams at the same time will just add to the pressure. And thanks ^^

Quick Reply

Latest