The Student Room Group

can i get into LSE?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Maybe it'll be a good idea to sit your AS levels this october, then apply with your PS after you get your AS results and do your A2's next year
Original post by sanm1
Hey!

The advanced placement takes place once a year- in May. So if you're interested you'll have to wait until next year.
I registered for it using the collegeboard website, though.
The course is pretty much the same as the A level syllabus, so it wasn't an issue at all!

Hey thanks for your reply. Are you american btw?

I only ask because I am unable to do Economics atm and would like to do the AP class for it.

Also sorry to keep asking you so much stuff lol, but do you have a website link as I have been unable to find it.

Best of luck for your application and I hope you get into LSE :smile:
Original post by sanm1
I understand what you're saying. But I haven't taken any AS Levels. I'll be taking both AS and A Levels together in October this year. Although I have taken 2 AP's and I've got 5's in them- The APs are considered equivalent to A levels. So a 5 in my APs should mean an A* in Eco A Level. Isn't that enough reassurance that i'll meet my predicteds?

Sorry yeah i didn't understand, my bad. Well then i think you should be fine, if they're the equivalent of A-Levels, in fact that should give you a pretty good chance. good luck!
Reply 23
Original post by slayer12
What year of education have you just completed? Did you do AP's along with your IGCSEs, or did you do IGCSEs, then take a year to do your AP's, and will now do AS levels?

I took the IGCSE's in 2011. Then, as I was studying AS and A Levels, I studied for the APs too and took those this year- 2013. I'll be taking my AS and A levels this year as well- 2013 winter session.
Reply 24
Original post by slayer12
Maybe it'll be a good idea to sit your AS levels this october, then apply with your PS after you get your AS results and do your A2's next year

I'd lose a year that way, though!
Does it really matter if I take both AS and A levels together?
Reply 25
Original post by REASON_Lighters
Hey thanks for your reply. Are you american btw?

I only ask because I am unable to do Economics atm and would like to do the AP class for it.

Also sorry to keep asking you so much stuff lol, but do you have a website link as I have been unable to find it.

Best of luck for your application and I hope you get into LSE :smile:

No, I'm not American. I'm from India.
Ohh. I don't know where you can take classes- I studied for the APs myself without any assistance.
http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/home
^ I got all the information there.

Thanks! Appreciate it! :smile:
Original post by sanm1
No, I'm not American. I'm from India.
Ohh. I don't know where you can take classes- I studied for the APs myself without any assistance.
http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/home
^ I got all the information there.

Thanks! Appreciate it! :smile:

Aha I'm Indian as well xD and thanks for the link, I will check it out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending