The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

**University of Reading - 2014 Applicants**

Just thought I'd make a thread for anyone wanting to apply for University of Reading to start 2014, so anyone who has just finished their AS Levels.

I'm thinking about taking BSc Psychology, which is AAB or ABBb.

What about you lot?
---
Connect to University of Reading here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YorkshireLad.
Just thought I'd make a thread for anyone wanting to apply for University of Reading to start 2014, so anyone who has just finished their AS Levels.

I'm thinking about taking BSc Psychology, which is AAB or ABBb.

What about you lot?

I'm probably not applying UNTIL 2014, but we'll see. I'm a mature student (26). I'm going to do Italian, although I realllllly like the joint honours with classical studies.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
I'm thinking of applying for archaeology combined with ancient history :smile: it's AAB :biggrin:
what did you get at AS ? I got ABBBB so fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by NaomiMG
I'm thinking of applying for archaeology combined with ancient history :smile: it's AAB :biggrin:
what did you get at AS ? I got ABBBB so fingers crossed :smile:

Ah cool! :biggrin: What subjects do you take? I got AABBD (gen. studies lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah cool! :biggrin: What subjects do you take? I got AABBD (gen. studies lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took government & politics, medieval history, religous studies, English lit and general studies - I'm dropping politics and picking up Spanish and EPQ :smile: wbu?

ps. Good name :smile:
Woah, almost a year ago and I made the 2013 Reading applicants thread and now you guys have already started with making one!

If anyone wants to study Pharmacy or just wants more opinions on the uni in general, then I will share them here as I'm starting this October at Reading! I can't wait!

I'll also post more info about halls. I'll be staying at Benyon if anyone is curious.
Original post by James A
Woah, almost a year ago and I made the 2013 Reading applicants thread and now you guys have already started with making one!

If anyone wants to study Pharmacy or just wants more opinions on the uni in general, then I will share them here as I'm starting this October at Reading! I can't wait!

I'll also post more info about halls. I'll be staying at Benyon if anyone is curious.

I'm also thinking of doing pharmacy at Reading next year and I would just like to know what jobs can you get with a Pharmacy degree ? I really don't want to spend the rest of my life working in a shop lol ! And by the way what did your teachers form predict you ? I really doubt my teachers would predict my AAB-ABB as from my current AS results I'm more likely to be predicted BBB.
Original post by yousefshah77
I'm also thinking of doing pharmacy at Reading next year and I would just like to know what jobs can you get with a Pharmacy degree ? I really don't want to spend the rest of my life working in a shop lol ! And by the way what did your teachers form predict you ? I really doubt my teachers would predict my AAB-ABB as from my current AS results I'm more likely to be predicted BBB.

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/pharmacy/pharmacist/

Well I was on a gap year so I didn't get predicted grades but they offered me AAB.

Reading offer ABB to normal candidates who complete their A-levels in two years.

With BBB prediction, it's going to be very hard to even secure an interview (I don't mean this to upset you, but you really need to get your teachers to predict you ABB otherwise applying to Reading won't be worth it).
Reply 9
Hey! For those who got offer for Pharmacy B230, what is it written in the "Qualification type" on your UCAS Track? :confused:
Original post by NaomiMG
I took government & politics, medieval history, religous studies, English lit and general studies - I'm dropping politics and picking up Spanish and EPQ :smile: wbu?

ps. Good name :smile:

Oo very nice! :tongue: Maths, English Language, RS: Philosophy and Ethics and Psychology. What's EPQ?

Hehe thankyou:smile: you from Yorkshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oo very nice! :tongue: Maths, English Language, RS: Philosophy and Ethics and Psychology. What's EPQ?

Hehe thankyou:smile: you from Yorkshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep Yorkshire and proud :biggrin: and extended project qualification - you pick a topic and research it then writ like 5000 words on it (I'm doing mine on religous in Ancient Greece :smile:
I'm (might) be applying for economics at ABB/AAB. When would they make an offer of ABB and vica versa?

Original post by James A
http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/pharmacy/pharmacist/

Well I was on a gap year so I didn't get predicted grades but they offered me AAB.

Reading offer ABB to normal candidates who complete their A-levels in two years.

With BBB prediction, it's going to be very hard to even secure an interview (I don't mean this to upset you, but you really need to get your teachers to predict you ABB otherwise applying to Reading won't be worth it).

Whats Reading actually like? The website looks a bit boring.
Original post by Alex-Torres
I'm (might) be applying for economics at ABB/AAB. When would they make an offer of ABB and vica versa?

Whats Reading actually like? The website looks a bit boring.

Well what do you mean by what's it actually like? Anything specific you want to know about the uni?

When they say ABB/AAB, it means that they will offer you ABB if you are doing your A-levels within the normal two year time frame. If you are completing your A-levels within three years (retaking a year for instance), then you will be offered AAB.
Original post by James A
Well what do you mean by what's it actually like? Anything specific you want to know about the uni?

When they say ABB/AAB, it means that they will offer you ABB if you are doing your A-levels within the normal two year time frame. If you are completing your A-levels within three years (retaking a year for instance), then you will be offered AAB.

What societies are there, and whats th town/city like - I've never been (Going to open day soon).
planning to apply for pharmacy :smile:
Original post by Alex-Torres
What societies are there, and whats th town/city like - I've never been (Going to open day soon).

http://www.rusu.co.uk/activities/

Reading Uni actually has a very strong SU.

The city itself is really nice. The beauty of it, is that you get the general vibe that it's a distant place from somewhere like London and yet is only 25 minutes away from Central London by train. So it's the best of both worlds really, lol.

The buses are very frequent, it's only like 10 minutes from the uni campus to the town centre and they have loads of shops and good clubs and bars for nightlife.

http://www.reading.ac.uk/life/townlife/life-town.aspx

It's good your going to the open day, because looking at a couple of images online only paint part of the picture of what uni life will be like at Reading. Before I visited Reading Uni, I didn't really take much interest, but after I had my interview for Pharmacy (was the first time I visited the uni) and was shown around the different buildings, I was tacked aback, and knew this was the ideal place for me! :biggrin:
Original post by NaomiMG
Yep Yorkshire and proud :biggrin: and extended project qualification - you pick a topic and research it then writ like 5000 words on it (I'm doing mine on religous in Ancient Greece :smile:

Wohoo - where abouts are you from? :smile: ah right, sounds cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wohoo - where abouts are you from? :smile: ah right, sounds cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Near Manchester :biggrin: wbu?
Original post by NaomiMG
Near Manchester :biggrin: wbu?

Sheffield :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending