The Student Room Group

What is it like keeping up with money at uni? Did you save a lot before going?

Thinking of going away to liverpool next year to uni & everyone's recent talk about going this year really got me thinking... Once your accommodation fees have been taken away from your maintenance loan your not really left with much at all, therefore how do you afford to live for the rest of the year? Did you save a lot of money before heading to uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Userpass
Thinking of going away to liverpool next year to uni & everyone's recent talk about going this year really got me thinking... Once your accommodation fees have been taken away from your maintenance loan your not really left with much at all, therefore how do you afford to live for the rest of the year? Did you save a lot of money before heading to uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was fortunate enough to still have money from my loan after accommodation fees were taken out. It depends on how much loan you get. Also I just ended up budgeting when I did not have a lot in my account. I was not able to get a job pre uni so I relied on my loan and money which I had saved from my birthdays/christmas/family/friends etc.
Have you checked how much *you* will be entitled to?

This is the SF calculator http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=153%2C4680136&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL and you may also be entitled to a bursary from your uni, details of which are on their website.

If you SF has been reduced because your parents earn a good salary, then it is expected that they should make a contribution to your higher education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending