The Student Room Group

Maths/further units help

edexcel have really ****ed me about.

can somebody please tell me what grades I should have gotten here... ive ended up with A* in maths and B in further ffs.

C1 97
C2 97
C3 100
C4 99

S1 81
S2 64

M1 87
M2 87

D1 75

FP1 97
FP2 86
FP3 76

The f***ing geniuses at edexcel have decided to use my stats modules for further when it was supposed to be mechanics on further along with d1. literally any other combination would produce an A, but their fked up method gives 479UMS which is 1 short of an A. seriously?

oh and their ****ty helpline is full of arrogant unhelpful bitches so dont bother calling them up if you ever have an issue.
Reply 1
I am very sorry to hear about your problem! you are not the first ive heard about in terms of edexcel ****ing up maths grades i am quite disappointed in them.

Now the has been a misunderstanding that edexcel explains VERY poorly:
You DO NOT get to choose which grade your applied modules go to , only FP123 and C1234 are set to their respective A level.
Edexcel sends your module scores through a program which will pick the "best possible" grade combinations for you.
most of the time this works... but clearly this program has limitations...
i believe if these limitations are found edexcel should move modules depending on the candidates wishes.

For A level FM : FP1 + FP2 + FP3 + S1 + S2 + D1 : 479 B
For A level maths : C1 + C2 + C3 + C4 + M1 + M2 : 567 A*

this is a very BAFFLING combination that makes no sense...
there is simply no need for you maths A level to be that high (its 87 ums over A* the limit! theres no point having more ums!)
it defies logic... clearly A*-A is better than A*-B

May i ask: did you cash in anything before? were all these examinations taken this year? (january and june)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by BONG-
edexcel have really ****ed me about.

can somebody please tell me what grades I should have gotten here... ive ended up with A* in maths and B in further ffs.

C1 97
C2 97
C3 100
C4 99

S1 81
S2 64

M1 87
M2 87

D1 75

FP1 97
FP2 86
FP3 76

The f***ing geniuses at edexcel have decided to use my stats modules for further when it was supposed to be mechanics on further along with d1. literally any other combination would produce an A, but their fked up method gives 479UMS which is 1 short of an A. seriously?

oh and their ****ty helpline is full of arrogant unhelpful bitches so dont bother calling them up if you ever have an issue.

They're supposed to automatically distribute to improve the grades. I seem to recall seeing somewhere that your teacher should request that this occurs.
It does seem rather stupid. . . :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by nmanvi

I KNOW RIGHT!! i dont think anything was cashed in, i just took all units normally so all the AS ones were done in year 12, and A2 ones this year. what do you recommend i do? my exams officer has said edexcel replied with some *******s that it cant be done because of some jcq guidelines. f*** that!

Original post by joostan

my teacher just told me to contact edexcel... then edexcel said no only the exams officer can contact us which is pretty unfair as its bloody summer holidays but then im told some **** about jcq guidelines
Reply 4
Original post by BONG-
I KNOW RIGHT!! i dont think anything was cashed in, i just took all units normally so all the AS ones were done in year 12, and A2 ones this year. what do you recommend i do? my exams officer has said edexcel replied with some *******s that it cant be done because of some jcq guidelines. f*** that!

Wow... sorry have no idea how to help :s-smilie:
definitely keep trying though
Reply 5
Original post by nmanvi

Original post by joostan

just remembered this... in case anyone reads this in the future, you will win. i got it changed to A*A now im balling. took them 1 month to change their mind, you gotta have the support of all your exams officers/teachers to contact the exam board. i guess the sly fukers want reduce the number of A/A*s they give out now by any means possible

Quick Reply

Latest