The Student Room Group

GCSE Results

Hi, I passed all of my subject expect for french I got a D and I was 1 mark away from a C, would this look bad on my CV for uni?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
I doubt it. just try and do well in your A levels!
Reply 2
Original post by nmanvi
I doubt it. just try and do well in your A levels!

Can I get a remark and do they count your best grade you get
Reply 3
Original post by sully50sully
Can I get a remark and do they count your best grade you get

Yes you can get a remark if you wish
but be warned with a remark your grade could either:

Go down

Stay the same

or increase to a C

Reply 4
UCL and Edinburgh are the only unis that I know that require a GCSE grade C in a MFL to apply for their courses.
That's only 2 unis so there's not much point in worrying about it tbh. It's only one D
Reply 5
thats humorously unlucky. They will probably understand and almost class it as a c. you could always retake it, i think that will be best
Reply 6
Original post by coatsoft
thats humorously unlucky. They will probably understand and almost class it as a c. you could always retake it, i think that will be best

I got a A in GCSE Turkish
Reply 7
I got a A in GCSE Turkish

Wow. do your school do it or have you got a turkish background or something? And on my last post i meant to put humongously but spell check changed it
Reply 8
lol, its ok and no my school doesnt do it, I speak Turkish but Im bulgarian and I just did the exam :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
lol, its ok and no my school doesnt do it, I speak Turkish but Im bulgarian and I just did the exam :tongue:

where did you manage to learn it?
i got a D in geog and i want to do it at alevel but it gave me a D my mark was an A god remark
Reply 11
Original post by coatsoft
where did you manage to learn it?

From my parents

Quick Reply

Latest