The Student Room Group

Confused with my AS results, need advice

I ended up getting quite bad results ,

Biology - D
Chemistry - D
Psychology-C

However if it resit some of my practicals for biology and chemistry my grades can easily be moved to C's however I doubt my teachers would predict me ABB from those grades and even if I did carry on with those grades(C,C,C) I doubt I could handle my A2 exams and 3 AS re-sits exams in June .

If I do resit the year most then Uni's that do pharmacy say they expect higher grades than the entry requirements and I doubt I'll be able to achieve that.

So I'm currently very unsure on what my next move should be, all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Finally someone in the same boat as me! Does your school have a careers team or something? My school does, I'm waiting till we get back to school, I've arranged a meeting with one of the ladies to see what advice she has to offer. I got CCDE in Bio, chem, maths and psych :/ The worst part is that im an aspiring medic. What I'm planning on doing is retaking a couple of exams and working my butt of this year. I'm also thinking of possibly taking a gap year.. (P.S. for some reason my enter key doesn't work on TSR, so excuse the lack of spacing :P)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Im not entirely sure but predicted grades don't really matter its what you get in the end. You could also resit the year if the college let you
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by moonziggy
Finally someone in the same boat as me! Does your school have a careers team or something? My school does, I'm waiting till we get back to school, I've arranged a meeting with one of the ladies to see what advice she has to offer. I got CCDE in Bio, chem, maths and psych :/ The worst part is that im an aspiring medic. What I'm planning on doing is retaking a couple of exams and working my butt of this year. I'm also thinking of possibly taking a gap year.. (P.S. for some reason my enter key doesn't work on TSR, so excuse the lack of spacing :P)

Our school does and I will probably end up seeing them even though all they'll do it slate me lol , I guess we could rely on clearing and adjustment but it's way to risky and doing about 10 exams in June seems like a nightmare ! Re-sitting the year is also painful , Uni's are much more demanding.
I also have the same mindset that I'll work extremely hard this year but I had the exact same mindset from January and I still sort of messed up lol
Reply 4
Original post by yousefshah77
Our school does and I will probably end up seeing them even though all they'll do it slate me lol , I guess we could rely on clearing and adjustment but it's way to risky and doing about 10 exams in June seems like a nightmare ! Re-sitting the year is also painful , Uni's are much more demanding.
I also have the same mindset that I'll work extremely hard this year but I had the exact same mindset from January and I still sort of messed up lol

Likewise, ours just tell us that we should think about other options blah blah, I don't want to see them but I really have no choice. I can't resit and I really wouldn't want to either :/ At the start of year 12 I was like 'Im going to work my butt off this year' but it didn't happen. I didn't work all year and then crammed two weeks before exams, im not proud of myself :/ So what are you going to do?
Reply 5
Likewise, ours just tell us that we should think about other options blah blah, I don't want to see them but I really have no choice. I can't resit and I really wouldn't want to either :/ At the start of year 12 I was like 'Im going to work my butt off this year' but it didn't happen. I didn't work all year and then crammed two weeks before exams, im not proud of myself :/ So what are you going to do?

Most likely going to carry on and probably rely on clearing and adjustment but it's going to be a mighty task , 9 exams in June but I've got a year to prepare for it. If I don't do as well I'm going to take a gap year and doing a few exams in that year. Moving to different colleges would be a hassle as getting use to different exams boards would be annoying. The only thing nudging me to re-sit the year is I'll doubt my school would predict me ABB.
I've got a lot of friends who are also hoping to go in to medicine/dentistry and they all plan on taking gap years if they don't do as well in year 13, so I see it could suit you.
Reply 6
Most likely going to carry on and probably rely on clearing and adjustment but it's going to be a mighty task , 9 exams in June but I've got a year to prepare for it. If I don't do as well I'm going to take a gap year and doing a few exams in that year. Moving to different colleges would be a hassle as getting use to different exams boards would be annoying. The only thing nudging me to re-sit the year is I'll doubt my school would predict me ABB.
I've got a lot of friends who are also hoping to go in to medicine/dentistry and they all plan on taking gap years if they don't do as well in year 13, so I see it could suit you.

I need AAA predictions at the least and I'm going to have to beg my teachers, I don't think it should be too difficult seeing as my teachers are quite fond of me :P. My work ethic doesn't seem to be working, I tried doing some work yesterday, didn't really do much due to a lack of motivation, or rather non existent motivation. :frown:
Reply 7
I need AAA predictions at the least and I'm going to have to beg my teachers, I don't think it should be too difficult seeing as my teachers are quite fond of me :P. My work ethic doesn't seem to be working, I tried doing some work yesterday, didn't really do much due to a lack of motivation, or rather non existent motivation. :frown:

Haha same for me , just need to get back in the mood. Good luck anyway for the year.
Reply 8
Haha same for me , just need to get back in the mood. Good luck anyway for the year.

Good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest