The Student Room Group

Aston V Birmingham

Hey everyone!

I'm interested in studying Business Management with a sandwich year but wondered if anyone had any advice on which university they feel is the better of the two. I understand that Aston scores higher on the league tables, but I felt the accommodation was a bit poo. Birmingham on the other hand isn't as good leage table wise, but the halls look much more modern?

Or are there any other places that people no of offering this course?

I've also looked at De montford but have heard really bad things about it??

Any information regarding universities that offer this degree would be much appreciated!!!

Thankyou :smile:
What grades are you predicted? I would personally bear with 3 years of crap accommodation because Aston is much better than Birmingham, especially for Business.
Reply 2
I'm predicted AAB at AS...
Subjects?
Reply 4
Try Bath, I have heard their degree BSc Business administration (Similiar to management) is really good, its a sandwhich course to.
Yea Bath is the best sandwhich degree you can do and is an awesome course, much better than both Aston and Birmingham
Reply 6
Hey I do Business, English Lit & Lang and Sociology
Good choice of A Levels, apply to Bath and Aston. I'm not sure which other unis do sandwich years....perhaps Leeds?
Reply 8
Aston accomodation is great once you get into it.

Hell, what student is every sober enough to notice where they fall asleep anyway :wink:
Reply 9
i know loughborough do SW years.... thats a possible option... i applied there but didn't like the campus enviroment!!
Out of Aston and Birmingham, you should definately go for Aston. I applied there and the course was way better than Birmingham, plus Aston has better ratings etc.

It's quite hard to find SW courses at decent Unis. The best I could find which suited me were Bath, Surrey and City.
Reply 11
and, Aston is just ****ing awesome compared to Birmingham in respect of proximity to amenities, the fact were better and other such arguments I find it difficult to substanciate, yet, strangely, know are true.

Nothing to do with bias. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Yes Aston. Until recently Birmingham's courses were "commerce" (!!) rather than management or business. They don't have a good track record yet in management or business. But they've just changed all the programmes, so they may take a while to settle down. It's still only the second year of the new programmes called business. (I wonder how much "commerce" is still in their under another name.)
For a sandwhich degree is Bath
Reply 14
Yes, Bath as I said earlier in the thread. Excellent uni for a sandwhich degree.
my aunt works in graduate recruitment and says that employers love aston graduates u gta think abt after too u know...*does the mother look*
Reply 16
I dont know abt course specifics but Aston is a small uni located in the heart of the city and u really cant beat that.To get anywhere in uni of bham its a long walk (25mins approx) weigh all the aspects out bfore u make the call cuz its lil things like this that can make a lot of difference
Reply 17
I once got lost looking for PC world and ended up walking around Birmingham Univeristy.

Whats more embarassing is I wasn't at all drunk and It took me 4 hours. I eventually got there and they didn't have the part I wanted, ****s sake eh?

It was a nice day though, nice walk :/

Latest

Trending

Trending