The Student Room Group

University Choices

I have A* in Maths already and am predicted A*AA for Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I plan to apply to the following universities:

Oxford
Imperial
UCL
Bath
Southampton

Thoughts/comments on my choices?
Original post by SherlockHolmes
I have A* in Maths already and am predicted A*AA for Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I plan to apply to the following universities:

Oxford
Imperial
UCL
Bath
Southampton

Thoughts/comments on my choices?

Looks good to me, just make sure that you're confident in getting high grades, as all of those are AAA-A*AA universities!
Original post by AwkwardLemur
Looks good to me, just make sure that you're confident in getting high grades, as all of those are AAA-A*AA universities!

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I can get A* in Further Maths to meet the requirements for the top three universities in my list. Achieving As in Physics and Chemistry should be ok.
Reply 3
Personally, I'd swap UCL with Bristol.
Original post by Noble.
Personally, I'd swap UCL with Bristol.

Any reason why?

I was thinking as Bath and Bristol have the same entry requirements I could choose one of the two and then apply for a university with tougher entry requirements.
Reply 5
Original post by SherlockHolmes
Any reason why?

I was thinking as Bath and Bristol have the same entry requirements I could choose one of the two and then apply for a university with tougher entry requirements.

Well, as a mathematics department Bristol is better than UCL - that's my only reason really. The only advantage to UCL, as far as I know, is the fact it's in London (if you consider that an advantage) and it's arguably got a better reputation if you want to go into finance.
Original post by Noble.
Well, as a mathematics department Bristol is better than UCL - that's my only reason really. The only advantage to UCL, as far as I know, is the fact it's in London (if you consider that an advantage) and it's arguably got a better reputation if you want to go into finance.

I see. Thank you for your insight.

Quick Reply

Latest