The Student Room Group

Am I being realistic about possible unis?

So I've just finished my as and I'm starting to apply go unis but Im not sure if I'm being too ambitious with my choices; I took Medieval history, RS, Government and Politics, English Literature and General studies at AS and got ABBBB. At GCSE I got 7As 2Bs and C (plus a distinction in ICT). I want to study ancient history combined with archeaology at Uni.
the unis I'm looking at are ;
Newcastle-ABB
nottingham-AAB
Manchester-BBB
Sheffield-ABB
Durham- AAB/AAA
warwick -AAB
Lecister -ABB
Liverpool- ABB
i think ill be predicted AAB- do you think I can get into these unis? Especially Durham and Warwick?
Yeah easily. In my experience most do better in A2. I got into my firm choice which I was not expecting. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend got into Durham too with ABC to study Ancient History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Archaeology with Ancient isn't massively competitive in comparison to many other subjects, so i reckon you got a good chance
Reply 4
Original post by NaomiMG
So I've just finished my as and I'm starting to apply go unis but Im not sure if I'm being too ambitious with my choices; I took Medieval history, RS, Government and Politics, English Literature and General studies at AS and got ABBBB. At GCSE I got 7As 2Bs and C (plus a distinction in ICT). I want to study ancient history combined with archeaology at Uni.
the unis I'm looking at are ;
Newcastle-ABB
nottingham-AAB
Manchester-BBB
Sheffield-ABB
Durham- AAB/AAA
warwick -AAB
Lecister -ABB
Liverpool- ABB
i think ill be predicted AAB- do you think I can get into these unis? Especially Durham and Warwick?

Yep, as a general rule, I'd spread your choices, so wouldn't apply to too many popular unis, as an example : Durham, Warwick, Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester.
In order to further narrow down your choices, I would look further at the courses and options available and go for the ones you like the look of the best :smile:
Original post by smile:D
Yep, as a general rule, I'd spread your choices, so wouldn't apply to too many popular unis, as an example : Durham, Warwick, Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester.
In order to further narrow down your choices, I would look further at the courses and options available and go for the ones you like the look of the best :smile:

What about Durham ? I know that's competive, do you think I should still apply ? My grades aren't amazing.
Reply 6
Original post by NaomiMG
What about Durham ? I know that's competive, do you think I should still apply ? My grades aren't amazing.

Definitely, the degree isn't as competitive and a degree from there would definitely boost your employment prospects, and I'd always pick one ambitious choice, and you have 5 so you might as well take a risk and go for it :biggrin:
Thanks for all the advice - made me confident to apply :smile:
Reply 8
Just to reiterate what everyone else said; your choices all look very realistic :smile:
You've got a really good shot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest