The Student Room Group

Should I get a remark?

In economis & business (1 subject) i got a really low grade in unit 2, in fact it was so low that i only just scrapped a B overall, in the mocks before the exams (3/4 weeks before), my score was so high i would have got 100% UMS, in the mock i got 60/70 whereas in the actual exam i got 40/70 raw marks, honestly i don't understand what went wrong as i came out of that exam feeling confident. However if i do get it remarked and i get 1 lower raw mark, i will get a C.

Any advice?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by K0ch
In economis & business (1 subject) i got a really low grade in unit 2, in fact it was so low that i only just scrapped a B overall, in the mocks before the exams (3/4 weeks before), my score was so high i would have got 100% UMS, in the mock i got 60/70 whereas in the actual exam i got 40/70 raw marks, honestly i don't understand what went wrong as i came out of that exam feeling confident. However if i do get it remarked and i get 1 lower raw mark, i will get a C.

Any advice?

It's not worth the risk. Remarks have been known to go down, so it is not uncommon. Stick with your B, a B is way better when it comes to applying to universities this autumn. If your unhappy, resit in June.
Reply 3
Original post by Alex360
It's not worth the risk. Remarks have been known to go down, so it is not uncommon. Stick with your B, a B is way better when it comes to applying to universities this autumn. If your unhappy, resit in June.

even though i feel that i did so much better in the exam and i don't understand where i lost 30 marks? I'll definitely get the transcript back.
Reply 4
Original post by K0ch
even though i feel that i did so much better in the exam and i don't understand where i lost 30 marks? I'll definitely get the transcript back.

Transcript is definitely a better idea. At least that way your teacher can go through it beforehand before the remark deadline in a months time

Quick Reply

Latest