The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Maybe that's a difference between midwifery and nursing (have to say the only time my shoes get stuff on (apart from theatre which was on my clogs - but if someone looses 7 litres of blood the place did look a bit as if a massacre had occured there) is on labour ward - when membranes go they do go, or have blood on the floor, I'm pretty sure I'd have had the amniotic fluid in the lace holes if I'd had lace ups on (and if meconium is in them ick) - onall the other wards it's been fine.

A&E I would imagine is the other place with potential
Reply 21
Marks and Sparks BodyGlove shoes are great for long stints on your feet, Jones The Boot Maker have some fairly comfy flatties too, and their sale has just started...
Reply 22
bloody hell something else to think about :eek:
Reply 23
i am still on the lookout for my vegan nursing shoes. kind of worrying now.
Reply 24
I used to wear Doc Marten shoes when I was at school and remember them being really comfy - I might pop to Camden and see if I can pick up another pair of those! :smile:
Reply 25
Thread revival. I've got a pair of Gripfast shoes. They're steel capped as I'm a bit of a klutz and will inevitbly drop a bed/trolley/patient on my feet. These are similar to Magnum Duty shoes, but instead of costing c.£50 they cost me only £18 (with student discount). Very comfortable, can stand in them all day.

These are the magnums. My shoes are similar, but more student-bursary compatible.
Original post by joeybee
i am still on the lookout for my vegan nursing shoes. kind of worrying now.

Did up finding any? I'm looking for some now!
Original post by sunshine_6
hi does anyone know where i get the shoes for nursing placements (leather lace ups). also i know this is a different topic but does neone know roughly how much it costs in uni laundrettes and wot coins u need.

clarks

Latest