The Student Room Group

Bishop Burton College 2013/14

Hullo there, fellow students.

I'm not sure how much attention this thread will grasp as, from what I can tell, the topic is pretty non-existent elsewhere but I thought it might be worth a try.
I've accepted an unconditional offer to Bishop Burton College to study the BSc in Applied Animal Behaviour and Training and was wondering how many others were out there.
I was also curious how you were all feeling about it because personally, I'm a little bit terrified :L.
So yeah, I look forward to hearing from ANYONE!

On a side note, just to kill 2 birds with one stone. I'm pretty passionate about pole dancing for fitness and have been desperately scouring for classes near the college to no avail. If anyone knows anything or is even mildly interested and wants to give the whole pole dancing thing a bash, it would be great to have company :smile:

Hope to see you all soon!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello!

I'm doing the Foundation Degree Animal Management and Behaviour in September! I've noticed there aren't many thread about Bishop Burton on here either! Yay, somebody else who's going!
I'm so nervous, I think that's expected though :P It's gonna be fun, freshers week is sounding ace.

Alice. :smile:
Reply 2
Amazing! Not gonna lie, I'm pretty shocked that anyone replied :L. Generally speaking, I'm not very good at striking up conversation, haha. Ah yeah, I saw that on Facebook, the amount of events is insane! Did you see about the superhero party arranged for the night we arrive? I panicked and quickly purchased some sort of clothing I could hopefully pass off as a costume xD.
My name is Mari-Lisa by the way, a bit unique but sometimes proves devilishly difficult for people to remember (sometimes even myself :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing foundation degree in animal management and behaviour too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Boobiemyboobster
I'm doing foundation degree in animal management and behaviour too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, awesome! Your first year too? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Kosheen
Amazing! Not gonna lie, I'm pretty shocked that anyone replied :L. Generally speaking, I'm not very good at striking up conversation, haha. Ah yeah, I saw that on Facebook, the amount of events is insane! Did you see about the superhero party arranged for the night we arrive? I panicked and quickly purchased some sort of clothing I could hopefully pass off as a costume xD.
My name is Mari-Lisa by the way, a bit unique but sometimes proves devilishly difficult for people to remember (sometimes even myself :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm gonna wear to this superhero party! I'm unsure whether to just get a cheap costume or just throw something together! I'm excited either way! It'll be a great ice breaker with the flatmates I think too. I assume you're living in halls? :smile:
It's a lovely name! Unique is always better in my books aha!
Yeah first year but I'm a mature student hahaha or supposed to be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah first year but I'm a mature student hahaha or supposed to be

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, 'supposed to be' :P I'm sure it wont make a bit of difference anyway! I'm assuming most of them will be around 18. I'm 20, 21 in December so a little older but not by much! :biggrin: Looking forward to it?
Yeah are u? I'm 26 hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yeah are u? I'm 26 hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm pretty excited! :smile: Ah, that's not bad at all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I had to work till now to sort my life out, now I done that!! I just been accepted for work exp in aus and Thailand next summer so excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go to Bishop Burton but just doing a level 3 at the minute. It's a nice place I have to say, if anyone has any general questions I'd be happy to answer (granted Im not HE yet so can't answer those..)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by aliceet
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm gonna wear to this superhero party! I'm unsure whether to just get a cheap costume or just throw something together! I'm excited either way! It'll be a great ice breaker with the flatmates I think too. I assume you're living in halls? :smile:
It's a lovely name! Unique is always better in my books aha!

I went with this dress... http://www.superherostuff.com/venom/tank-tops/venom-costume-juniors-tank-dress.html?itemcd=tankdressvnm I figured that it was better than a proper costume because I could wear it on an average day. Although, now I think of it, I could still wear a proper costume on a day to day basis... :P
Yeah, I am living in halls haha, it would be quite the commute otherwise! It seems like it's going to be a bit of a mad rush though with everyone getting there at the same time.
Reply 13
Original post by Kosheen
I went with this dress... http://www.superherostuff.com/venom/tank-tops/venom-costume-juniors-tank-dress.html?itemcd=tankdressvnm I figured that it was better than a proper costume because I could wear it on an average day. Although, now I think of it, I could still wear a proper costume on a day to day basis... :P
Yeah, I am living in halls haha, it would be quite the commute otherwise! It seems like it's going to be a bit of a mad rush though with everyone getting there at the same time.

That dress is ace! Yeah, it's something you'll wear more than once! I wanted to do a Black Widow kinda costume but I'm not sure yet. I have a feeling there may be a few Catwomen so :P Oh, where are you coming from? Yeah, there's probably gonna be a few people bumping into each other with stuff, I imagine! I'm not sure what to wear for the ball either with it being a 'Hollywood' theme. I'm not the glamorous dress type!
Reply 14
Original post by aliceet
That dress is ace! Yeah, it's something you'll wear more than once! I wanted to do a Black Widow kinda costume but I'm not sure yet. I have a feeling there may be a few Catwomen so :P Oh, where are you coming from? Yeah, there's probably gonna be a few people bumping into each other with stuff, I imagine! I'm not sure what to wear for the ball either with it being a 'Hollywood' theme. I'm not the glamorous dress type!

Black widow sounds cool (go marvel! :L), I did half consider it but decided that to pull it off, I needed a boob job and I just wasn't willing to commit to that amount of expense or surgery for a party :P yeah, and I concur about the cat women... But originality FTW! I'd love it if someone dressed up as Stan Lee, jus' sayin' :P anyway, I'm coming from down south, Southampton to be exact haha. Oh yeah, poop, I forgot about the ball :/ I'm not so great with the Hollywood theme (which is also news to me) either D: I do have this kinda formal dress (reduced from £35 to £7, I was so proud! :L) which I was considering because it's got some lace, it's shorter at front but goes down and flows at the back and blah, I'm sure it'll be fine xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Kosheen
Black widow sounds cool (go marvel! :L), I did half consider it but decided that to pull it off, I needed a boob job and I just wasn't willing to commit to that amount of expense or surgery for a party :P yeah, and I concur about the cat women... But originality FTW! I'd love it if someone dressed up as Stan Lee, jus' sayin' :P anyway, I'm coming from down south, Southampton to be exact haha. Oh yeah, poop, I forgot about the ball :/ I'm not so great with the Hollywood theme (which is also news to me) either D: I do have this kinda formal dress (reduced from £35 to £7, I was so proud! :L) which I was considering because it's got some lace, it's shorter at front but goes down and flows at the back and blah, I'm sure it'll be fine xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! :biggrin: I love marvel! I dunno, I still haven't decided on a costume yet! I really like this one though http://www.fancydress.com/costumes/Miss-American-Dream-/0~4499608~232 Aha, seeing someone as Stan Lee would be fantastic! :') Ooh, that'll be a nice drive... You're gonna have to leave early eh? Yeah, it's on the freshers Facebook page! I'll just find a fancy dress and glam it up with jewellery I reckon :smile: It will be!
Reply 16
Original post by aliceet
Yes! :biggrin: I love marvel! I dunno, I still haven't decided on a costume yet! I really like this one though http://www.fancydress.com/costumes/Miss-American-Dream-/0~4499608~232 Aha, seeing someone as Stan Lee would be fantastic! :') Ooh, that'll be a nice drive... You're gonna have to leave early eh? Yeah, it's on the freshers Facebook page! I'll just find a fancy dress and glam it up with jewellery I reckon :smile: It will be!

Ooh, fancy! If you like it, go for it :smile: and yeah, we're aiming to leave at about 5am... D: how about you, where do you hail from? I have a lot of time on my hands and I've actually been thinking about this whole Hollywood theme a lot today p, do we have to sort of mimic a celebrity icon or is it literally just glitz and glam..? I might use it as an excuse to get a different dress :L the £7 one gives me man shoulders, which unfortunately is not difficult to do. Woe be me :L I fear I will require assistance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm going to Bishop Burton in Septembers too, doing the Foundation Animal Management and Behaviour. Where did you find information on this superhero party theme thing. I've not seen anything about it.
Even I didn't know about it but I don't live in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Cyla
I'm going to Bishop Burton in Septembers too, doing the Foundation Animal Management and Behaviour. Where did you find information on this superhero party theme thing. I've not seen anything about it.

They've got a freshers page on Facebook :smile: https://www.facebook.com/BBFreshers2013?ref=ts&fref=ts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending