The Student Room Group

How do I improve for resits?

Got DEEE chem,bio, phy, maths

Im dropping phy and planning to:

resit unit 1+2 for chem and bio

do A2 bio, chem, maths

do AS maths.

the thing is with bio and chem i dont know how to improve. for unit 2 chem and unit 1 bio I had like 30mins spare and went over answers and I swear I knew the mark scheme dead well. I strongly felt i got A but got C in both exams....

I dont know how to improve next time :frown:

maybe I need to write more idk..

there must be lots of people that got way below their expectations

my question is what did you change to get a better grade in (bio and chem) resits because i feel i cant do any better. I cannot identify where I went wrong..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
first of all dont worri, and give urselfa break u worked hard. tlk to ur teachers thats what theyre there for and be confident and strong and tell urself u will work hard. this is not the answer to ur question but just ask ur teachers first. theyre the best ppl
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by The_Blade
Got DEEE chem,bio, phy, maths

Im dropping phy and planning to:

resit unit 1+2 for chem and bio

do A2 bio, chem, maths

do AS maths.

the thing is with bio and chem i dont know how to improve. for unit 2 chem and unit 1 bio I had like 30mins spare and went over answers and I swear I knew the mark scheme dead well. I strongly felt i got A but got C in both exams....

I dont know how to improve next time :frown:

maybe I need to write more idk..

there must be lots of people that got way below their expectations

my question is what did you change to get a better grade in (bio and chem) resits because i feel i cant do any better. I cannot identify where I went wrong..

To improve, you need to get your written script of the exam. Then, go through the mark scheme and see what they ask, and what you wrote. If you are still in doubt, then talk to your teachers too. To add, it might not always work to know the mark scheme of by heart, because, the exam board do tweek the questions slightly. With subjects like Biology and Chemistry (Which is what I do) you need to practice writing long answer questions. Do go through the mark scheme and criticise what you wrote. If you are too lenient on yourself, then ask an older sibling to mark it or even your teacher. Then practice writing them again, and remember the steps. These science subjects require more detail in answers than just simple answers. Hopefully this helped.

Quick Reply

Latest