The Student Room Group

UKCAT in 3 days done no revision or practice

Soooo I just got back from holiday last night and these are the reasons I had no practice done:

- No internet connection
- Forgot my 600Q book

It's the 24th today and my UKCAT is set for 27th

Am I screwed? Does practicing even help THAT much? Really? Should I even bother now?

(btw I have this IDGAF anymore attitude since my AS levels aren't up to the medical school standards, I am completely lost, IDK what to do or how to go from BBC to AAA or how to even be predicted AAA in upcoming 2 months of school - if you could give some advice I would greatly appreciate it - I was considering applying 3 medical uni's and 2 psychology uni's with an all medical P.S)

anyway the only practice I did do was one online test after my exams where I got:

VR - 518
QR - 383
AR - 529
DA - 557

I am terrible at maths like really bad I got a B in GCSE (taught myself because I had a crappy teacher and a crappy class)

thanks!
Original post by iLoveMyCatsx
Soooo I just got back from holiday last night and these are the reasons I had no practice done:

- No internet connection
- Forgot my 600Q book

Am I screwed? Does practicing even help THAT much? Really? Should I even bother now?

(btw I have this IDGAF anymore attitude since my AS levels aren't up to the medical school standards, I am completely lost, IDK what to do or how to go from BBC to AAA or how to even be predicted AAA in upcoming 2 months of school - if you could give some advice I would greatly appreciate it - I was considering applying 3 medical uni's and 2 psychology uni's with an all medical P.S)

anyway the only practice I did do was one online test after my exams where I got:

VR - 518
QR - 383
AR - 529
DA - 557

I am terrible at maths like really bad I got a B in GCSE (taught myself because I had a crappy teacher and a crappy class)

thanks!

If you have an "I don't give a ****" attitude then nothing we say will do much. So change that first of all.

Going from BBC -->AAA Graft your ass off like never before in college and resit some modules to get your grade up. It is definitely possible. I went from ABB -----> AAA.

If you get predictions of around BBC and are still serious about becoming a doctor then look at Foundation Medicine courses.

Reschedule your UKCAT and move the date further along, if this isn't possible then try get through as much of that book possible in these 3 days. Do not waste any time at all.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by IdeasForLife
If you have an "I don't give a ****" attitude then nothing we say will do much.

It could I was just wondering if 3 days of practice is enough?
Reply 3
Why don't you extend your ukcat and do some practise for it?
Reply 4
Yolo
Reply 5

Then don't bother cramming. Do nothing at all, or do whatever you want to do. You'll do badly, but YDGAF. If you actually want to go from BBC to AAA, try dividing up the work into small, manageable chunks, and put them into a list. Make it so that you can tick something off the list after about fifteen minutes of effort - perhaps divide it into "topic read", "questions done" etc. It's quite motivational, ticking things off lists, but you need to be able to do it frequently - hence small chunks.

- No internet connection
- Forgot my 600Q book

VR - 518
QR - 383
AR - 529
DA - 557

thanks!

Yes practicing does help. It's not revision as such but makes you familiar with the style and type of questions.

AS grades can always be improved.

If really do want to do well you will have to change the IDGAF attitude.
Reply 7
Things seem hopeless for me, hence my IDGAF attitude, now I think IGAF because I basically spent the past 3 hours crying in my room IDEK why

This UKCAT is stressing me out to the max
Reply 8
Original post by IdeasForLife
If you have an "I don't give a ****" attitude then nothing we say will do much. So change that first of all.

Going from BBC -->AAA Graft your ass off like never before in college and resit some modules to get your grade up. It is definitely possible. I went from ABB -----> AAA.

If you get predictions of around BBC and are still serious about becoming a doctor then look at Foundation Medicine courses.

Reschedule your UKCAT and move the date further along, if this isn't possible then try get through as much of that book possible in these 3 days. Do not waste any time at all.

I don't want to reschedule - I want it over and done with, this whole UKCAT and AS results day stress has made me have way more anxiety attacks that I can handle I seriously want it all over, so I guess I will just practice as much as possible in the next 2 days
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Smaug123
Then don't bother cramming. Do nothing at all, or do whatever you want to do. You'll do badly, but YDGAF. If you actually want to go from BBC to AAA, try dividing up the work into small, manageable chunks, and put them into a list. Make it so that you can tick something off the list after about fifteen minutes of effort - perhaps divide it into "topic read", "questions done" etc. It's quite motivational, ticking things off lists, but you need to be able to do it frequently - hence small chunks.

Thanks for the advice
Original post by WhatDoIWrite
Yes practicing does help. It's not revision as such but makes you familiar with the style and type of questions.

AS grades can always be improved.

If really do want to do well you will have to change the IDGAF attitude.

Well I guess I'll practice in the next 2 days
Well I guess I'll practice in the next 2 days

How did it then go ?
Reply 12
Original post by Kay34645
How did it then go ?

This thread is 8 years old and that poster was last on here over 6 years ago @becausethenight
Thread is now closed :smile:

Original post by GANFYD
This thread is 8 years old and that poster was last on here over 6 years ago @becausethenight

Cheers :hugs:
Original post by ilovemycatsx
soooo i just got back from holiday last night and these are the reasons i had no practice done:

- no internet connection
- forgot my 600q book

it's the 24th today and my ukcat is set for 27th

am i screwed? Does practicing even help that much? Really? Should i even bother now?

(btw i have this idgaf anymore attitude since my as levels aren't up to the medical school standards, i am completely lost, idk what to do or how to go from bbc to aaa or how to even be predicted aaa in upcoming 2 months of school - if you could give some advice i would greatly appreciate it - i was considering applying 3 medical uni's and 2 psychology uni's with an all medical p.s)

anyway the only practice i did do was one online test after my exams where i got:

Vr - 518
qr - 383
ar - 529
da - 557

i am terrible at maths like really bad i got a b in gcse (taught myself because i had a crappy teacher and a crappy class)

thanks!

omg i am you reincarnated i have neverrelated to someone so much
Reply 15
Original post by Urfavimmigrant
omg i am you reincarnated i have neverrelated to someone so much

DONT MINES TOMORROW haha I’m terrified
(Original post by issy0wen)DONT MINES TOMORROW haha I’m terrified

Original post by issy0wen
DONT MINES TOMORROW haha I’m terrified

HOW DID IT GO LMfAOOO? I FAILED MINE SO BAD WITH 2290 AND BAND 3 LOLOLO

Quick Reply

Latest