The Student Room Group

Grades for pharmacy at manchester

ive been offered ABB, A in either maths or chemistry (psychology is my 3rd sub)

i was relying on maths for an A grade but have very badly messed it up. I know for sure that im going to get a mid B grade for it.

i dnt think i can get an A in chemistry either.

so if i get BBB which is likely is there any chance of me getting into manchester? im pretty sure its very popular but is there anything that can be done at all?

im gona work hard for chem and see wat happens but its going to be very difficult. my insurance is LSOP but i really only want to go to manchester.
Theres no point worrying about it until it happens. I thought I'd failed one of my exams in january cos i dwelt too much on the bits i messed up instead of thinking that i'd done alright on some other questions.

If you get BBB, theres a good chance they'd still accept you. (My A level grades were BBB, which also happened to be my offer, when I started at manchester in 2002). You'l be able to ring them up and probably get a fairly quick answer as to whether or not they'd accept you.
Reply 2
I have been asked to get AAB which I know that I will not get even though I am predicted AAAB.

On my offer letter is specifically states 'no less than AAB (in any order)'. So I didnt choose them as my firm! Plus LSOP will only give me accomodation if i choose them as my firm!
Reply 3
if i miss the manc grades would i go through clearing for manchester? or is clearing only for people with no offers?

if they do have spaces would they giv them to people who had an offer but missed the grades or to people who phone up and ask for a place without having an offer but have grades?
if they do have spaces would they giv them to people who had an offer but missed the grades or to people who phone up and ask for a place without having an offer but have grades?

As I said in another thread, it's very much up to them. They might prefer to take people that they've already screened/interviewed rather than taking people who although they have higher grades, they don't know. One thing's for sure - if you don't get the offer grades, there's no guarantees. :frown:
Reply 5
mayb if you performed really well in your interview and say you missed the grades by a little bit, you would probably have a slight advantage over sum1 hu doesnt hold an offer. But thats just me guessing :p:
Reply 6
~*tweety*~
mayb if you performed really well in your interview and say you missed the grades by a little bit, you would probably have a slight advantage over sum1 hu doesnt hold an offer. But thats just me guessing :p:

i hope your right. my interview was really good. The woman interviewing said she was impressed. i think she was dr... cant remember but yeh she was very nice. i dnt get in i dno what im going to do if i dont get in
Reply 7
you can always resit, not the end of the world (this is me reassuring myself also!)
Reply 8
yeh true. that'd be a whole year out tho. but right now my aim is to get an A in chem. where are you applying? good luck with exams btw.
Reply 9
I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just ring them up and ask whether they'd still accept you. I know someone who got in with a C for Chemistry but that was a few years back.

Latest