The Student Room Group

Will I be able to do medicine (A100)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by YorkshireLad.
Some Universities ask for 5 or 6 A's at GCSE level for Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Dentisty.

For example, the University of Sheffield:

ABBB at AS Level. At least 6 A grades in GCSE subjects or equivalent. GCSE passes, or equivalent, at grade C or above in English, Mathematics and the Sciences (which may be dual awards) also required.

So do you think with 4A's I can never get in?
Original post by johnmanner
So do you think with 4A's I can never get in?

I'm not sure to be honest. I don't really know much about distinctions etc. but are they worth anything (or equal to GCSEs)?
Reply 22
Original post by YorkshireLad.
I'm not sure to be honest. I don't really know much about distinctions etc. but are they worth anything (or equal to GCSEs)?

Well my teachers say that they're worth 2 or 3 A grades but don't know if Universities see it that way.
Listen: you CAN get into medical school. Not necessarily your preferences, but go out man's contact other schools to check which ones look favourably on your situation.
Reply 24
Original post by MJK91
Listen: you CAN get into medical school. Not necessarily your preferences, but go out man's contact other schools to check which ones look favourably on your situation.

I did but they said until you've finished your AS levels/A2 and you get all A's or if possible some A*'s, they should accept me providing I do well in the UKCAT.
So, there you go then? I don't understand what you're asking for if the schools have told you you're fine assuming you get the correct grades at AS/A2.
Reply 26
Original post by MJK91
So, there you go then? I don't understand what you're asking for if the schools have told you you're fine assuming you get the correct grades at AS/A2.

But worried because I'll be applying in 2015 and competition may increase which means Uni's asking for higher grades in GCSE's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending