The Student Room Group

Applying for PGL 2014 season

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AitchElle
Those of you going to Little Canada, I will see you there. I may even be the one training you up in your first weeks. (I'm just about to start my 7th year with the company)
Any questions at all, please ask

I was there for a week in October, nice little place it is.
So hows it goin at PGL, i imagine our doing the training atm ?
Reply 102
Original post by Scaly Man Fish
So hows it goin at PGL, i imagine our doing the training atm ?

My training isn't until February 11th :smile:
Reply 103
How long will they take to process the applications?
hello all, I have received 2 satisfactory references, but when I called them they requested a 3rd reference, anyone had this problem?
Reply 105
Original post by fwm
How long will they take to process the applications?

The applications don't take to long it's the DBS that takes a lot of time! Mine took nearly 6 weeks to come through!
Not sure on the references tho! X
Anybody going to Marchants Hill for Feb 13th?
Anyone hoping to go to La Fosca this summer?
So hows it goin ?
Is six weeks the typical waiting time for a DBS reply?
Original post by Ashlington
Is six weeks the typical waiting time for a DBS reply?

Sounds about right 6 weeks.
Can anyone give me any tips on applying to PGL ??
Original post by Izzie442
Can anyone give me any tips on applying to PGL ??

Best place is to go on their website you can apply there.
Original post by Rock Fan
Best place is to go on their website you can apply there.

I've been on their website i just wanted some extra tips on how to make my application standout from people who have already been successful
I've been on their website i just wanted some extra tips on how to make my application standout from people who have already been successful

To be honest as long as you are enthusiastic and you get three references sent back then you'll be fine you should then be put through the 10 day training course assuming you want to be an instructor and group leader
I have been offered a job at PGL however my contract end dates are outside my availability. Has anyone else had this problem? Did PGL still offer you the job?
(edited 9 years ago)
I have been offered a job at PGL however my contract end dates are outside my availability. Has anyone else had this problem? Did PGL still offer you the job?

Best bet is to call pgl recruitment if this happens and explain to them.
Thanks. Anyone know what pgl are like when you ask for days off say for uni interviews??
Thanks. Anyone know what pgl are like when you ask for days off say for uni interviews??

If you ask for them in advance say a few weeks then they try and give you that day off
Thanks. What sort of things do you recommend taking to training and the actually job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending