The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

damn, i didnt answer that part because i didnt want to look like an idiot after writing a page and half on the others :frown:

Havent revised for that at all so the mark should be interesting.

Whats the Unit 5 1about?
saiyamana
damn, i didnt answer that part because i didnt want to look like an idiot after writing a page and half on the others :frown:

Havent revised for that at all so the mark should be interesting.

Whats the Unit 5 1about?

umm goood question :rolleyes: i don't actually know...think there's a bit about databses though and possibly software...
Reply 22
well maybe ict4 will even out the potential crap results for ict5!

did anyone mention audit trails aswell, like tracing how an output has been reached? I did but wasn't really sure how thats relevant to data security...

do the grade boundaries go up if everyone found it ok/easy? or will they stay the same... the examiners reports say something like 56/90 works out as an A... hope it doesn't go up!
Took my time on early questions (wrote 3 paragraphs for 3 mark question :/ ) leaving only 20 mins for 20 mark question ... managed to cover Risk Analysis, seurity policy, threats to a system etc though so hopefully got 10 marks from it.
Reply 24
i think they have a good essay question because in the previous papers aqa say in the reports that students did not answer them well
Reply 25
I almost wet myself when I saw the 20 mark question. I'd managed to do none of them during my revision because I couldn't work them out... but I basically wrote down everything I knew (which was quite a lot, hurrah for a nice question).

I found the paper ok actually. Wasn't sure about the question about the bank but other than that I think it went ok.
Reply 26
*starry_eyed_*
i coudn't have asked for a better 20 makr question, spent a whole hour on it :biggrin:

Me too! I ended up flying through the rest of the paper so I spent the best part of an hour on that and still had time to go back and put anything I wasn't sure of.
Reply 27
Am i the only person in the world to not know what i was writing for the essay, and the delierables thing i mean wtf lol

what did u all write plz reply
Reply 28
haha I liked the 20 mark essay but I had so much to put in it I didn't know how to organise it. I hope it's concise enough...did about 2 and a bit sides...ugh.

I'm not particularly pleased with the way this paper was. I revised it as thoroughly as I could, but there were some pointers that I struggled on.
I lost a good thirteen marks or so through questions I couldn't answer. Which...alarmed me.

I got a low A last year due to getting high marks in my exams and low marks in my coursework...maybe this year it'll swing round as my coursework mark is quite high...and I need a B. I've heard ICT5 is the easier paper though so maybe I can pull it back up with that.
Lol... 2 tel the truth i didnt no wot 2 write in the essay either but wrote 2 1/2 pages bout everythin in the bullets

stil nothing on them desirable ouputs ??
Reply 30
I struggled with the paper i had like a mental block or something! Essay question wasn't too bad though i forgot to bother defining the terms; i did speak about audit trails and contingency planning etc so hopefully get 12/20 or something for that. I couldn't do the bank question with the output, what it would be used for and a typical item of data...what the heck does a Bank Clerk output?!? Dont they Input data into a system.

What was the exact question for H & S because i think i may have misinterpreted it.

I needed 53/90 for an A yesterday but i have no confidence i got that in the slightest :frown:
Reply 31
username87

did anyone mention audit trails aswell, like tracing how an output has been reached? I did but wasn't really sure how thats relevant to data security...

I did! In fact that was what I focused on mainly...I think auditing is a good way of selecting errors and preventing fraud, but audit trails have a bit more to them, like seeing who's logged on where and tracing a document from start to finish...

yeah watch me know it all NOW.
Reply 32
michelleM
I couldn't do the bank question with the output, what it would be used for and a typical item of data...what the heck does a Bank Clerk output?!? Dont they Input data into a system.

Sorry for the double post but I just noticed this...I struggled a lot on that question...had it been a business that I knew more about I'm pretty sure I would have done better!
Reply 33
What did everybody write for the essay question for each point? plz answer
Reply 34
Unit 4 ICT AQA was ok....

The health and safety I talked about promoting and stuff

20 mark question..... how can a business keep their info secure... THANK YOU!!! There is so much to talk about, inforcing data protection act and physical restrictions to buildings etc. Audit checks can be used to make sure people are using software correctly and not infringeing misuse act etc That was a brilliant 20 marker! Hope I scored high there - knowing my luck though, probably didn't answer question!

Why am I always the last ton finish in the exam though......!?!?!?!?!?!??! I always use all the time up..... its really annoying caus eeveryone is just sitting there!
Reply 35
AceReject

Why am I always the last ton finish in the exam though......!?!?!?!?!?!??! I always use all the time up..... its really annoying caus eeveryone is just sitting there!

Lol! I hate it when I have time to spare.... makes me realise I have done something drastically wrong, especially with ICT papers!
Reply 36
username87
Lol! I hate it when I have time to spare.... makes me realise I have done something drastically wrong, especially with ICT papers!

lol nah, I can use all the time up and STILL score badly - happened before :frown:

but yeh it gets embarassing when, the exminer person is basically just talking 2 u when they say u have 5 mins left and u look around adn everyones leaning back or dozing off!

Latest

Trending

Trending