The Student Room Group

Do you reply instantly to all texts?

I am not glued to my phone, but I do have it in close proximity and I always answer as soon as I get a text. I personally hate people who text you then take 10 minutes to reply, they will get nowhere in business.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LatinoHeat
I am not glued to my phone, but I do have it in close proximity and I always answer as soon as I get a text. I personally hate people who text you then take 10 minutes to reply, they will get nowhere in business.

Yeah, because business success and quickly replying to pointless people who want to know what you're cooking for dinner and "getting up to this weekend" are directly correlated.
no.
sometimes i get busy or the reply isn't needed fast, but i do try to reply eventually
Reply 3
Original post by Noble.
Yeah, because business success and quickly replying to pointless people who want to know what you're cooking for dinner and "getting up to this weekend" are directly correlated.

Rofl.

I am pretty crap at responding to messages and texts. If it's urgent I'll respond ASAP, if not I'll respond when I can.
Reply 4
I rarely respond straight away unless we've already exchanged a few messages and they know I'm on the other end.

I tend to just let them fester in my pocket until I feel like responding.
Reply 5
I used to send people 'hi' messages and just ignore the convo when they replied lol. I'm getting better at that now though.

How quickly I respond depends how I'm feeling or how interesting the person is. Just being honest.
If I really like them or if it's urgent (i.e. if I really like them :tongue:) then yeah.
If they don't mean much to me then it could take up to two or three days for me to reply. However, if I'm not doing much and I'm in the mood to talk then I might reply immediately.
No. I prefer to remain elusive and aloof :pierre:
Reply 8
I ignore most of my texts.
Reply 9
When I initiate the conversation, I reply almost instantly and if I can not due to unexpected circumstances, I send a notice.

When I get a message, I consider its level of importance and reply depending on other priorities. Rule of thumb: Message from a crush, it is best to rush. Needy client on the line, no hurry, enjoy your wine.
I usually can't be bothered to text back straight away. I used to but I decided I want to use my phone less and I can't say it's a bad thing. If they aren't interesting then I won't bother responding straight away... or even starting conversations with them. But that has led to me being blamed for the breaking down of friendships. There's no conversation if all you're asked is 'what are you doing?' a billion times.
Original post by LatinoHeat
I personally hate people who text you then take 10 minutes to reply, they will get nowhere in business.

That is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Well, that escalated pretty quickly. Those are two very different things. Anyways, I reply to people quickly if they need something important or some kind of help. If they just want to chat, even if I want to waste my time doing that, I just don't have enough time. Ever, really. That is the reason why I only talk to my best friends anytime I can and do not contact other people much unless it's important.
If somebody is a businessman/woman, they wouldn't really have people popping up for chat saying "hey, sup? i'm bored".. if they do get someone like that in a parallel world, I don't think that person would be worth the time.
Also, not everyone wants to do business. Just saying.
You're likely to go further in business if you don't slack off work to reply to friends 'texts!

I usually reply when I'm not busy and if remember I have a text, that's if I haven't left my phone at home.
Reply 13
if they take long replying, I'll take long.
Sometimes ill reply straight away and others ill wait a while just to wind up my friends :smile:
Reply 15
Wut. I get so excited every time I hear the 'Ping' sound on my phone. My eyes widen. My pupils grow. Within seconds my thumbs are on my phone, thumbing away at lightning speed.

It's very rare for me to get a text. :c

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
It depends who is texting me, and what I'm doing when the text comes in. I turn my volume off at night. I can't always respond right away when I'm working or in class. I highly doubt my response time will affect my future.
Reply 17
Depends on the person :mmm:
Reply 18
It normally depends who is texting me, but generally I'm pretty bad at replying.
If I leave it a bit I'll think I've already replied, or if I'm not sure what to say and then suddenly a day has passed.. :s-smilie:
Reply 19
It depends how the conversation is going and time i've got.

If it's flirty conversations then yeah, i'll reply as quick as i can with one hand (jokes), but if it's just socially when I'm talking to a friend about random crap, then i won't rush.

If it's important i probably would call them, or text ASAP.

Quick Reply

Latest