The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick 2013: Film and Literature Reading List?

Hi everyone.

So I have been searching for ages and I need to clear this up and see what everyone else is doing.

I have not been formally given a reading list for the summer for Film and Lit, but there is a summer reading list that does say it is for 2013 students on the official department webpage: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/

It is a lot of books, and I'm excited to get started, but because I have not actually been told that this is the confirmed list, I am a little worried about going out and buying the texts and being wrong.

Anyone else know anything/can help?

Cheers!
Hi fellow film and literature student. I think it's the same reading list that's gonna be used this year, I bought Howl, The Buddha of Suburbia, The Lonely Londoners and The Magic Toyshop. Looking forward to seeing you bruv.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
OHAI!

Wee! I'm just happy to find more people on the same course as me :smile: and I agree with the above poster. I'm starting with The Magic Toyshop :smile:
Reply 3
Heya, i'm joining the course too this year! :smile: I'm doing pretty much the same as you guys. I've read the Magic Toyshop and am now waiting on the other books you mentioned above and am also hoping to get Effi Briest which was the first book on the German lit. module :smile:
Reply 4
Hey guys, I'm also doing the course! I should probably get a move on with the reading list in that case, I did Angela Carter's The Bloody Chamber for A Level so I think I might start with The Magic Toyshop :smile:
Reply 5
Hi guys,

I'm a prospective student for Film and Literature, and I really hope to get in. Could you please give me some advice on the application process? eg: personal statement, interview, what you wrote and how to prepare? There isn't much online...

It would help so much.

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by orsonwelles
Hi guys,

I'm a prospective student for Film and Literature, and I really hope to get in. Could you please give me some advice on the application process? eg: personal statement, interview, what you wrote and how to prepare? There isn't much online...

It would help so much.

Thanks

Hey! I wish there had been someone to give me some guidance when I was applying so here goes!

All I can say for interview is to just KNOW that you are good for that course, and make it known to the interviewer because that is ultimately what they want, someone who will excel in that area.

They may ask you to write an essay to discuss in the interview. Don't pick to write it on your favourite film or book. Choose rather something that you can talk about and discuss with the interviewer fluently. DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS.

Personal statement's are obviously personal but try to describe how varied you're achievements are, and let your personal style make it stand out from the rest rather than forcing yourself to sound formal and sophisticated. Don't focus tooo much on specifically film and lit in your statement, think of it in the bigger picture and how you fit into it.

Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by c_donovan
Hey! I wish there had been someone to give me some guidance when I was applying so here goes!

All I can say for interview is to just KNOW that you are good for that course, and make it known to the interviewer because that is ultimately what they want, someone who will excel in that area.

They may ask you to write an essay to discuss in the interview. Don't pick to write it on your favourite film or book. Choose rather something that you can talk about and discuss with the interviewer fluently. DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS.

Personal statement's are obviously personal but try to describe how varied you're achievements are, and let your personal style make it stand out from the rest rather than forcing yourself to sound formal and sophisticated. Don't focus tooo much on specifically film and lit in your statement, think of it in the bigger picture and how you fit into it.

Hope that helped :smile:

Thank you for your help!

But I must admit, I'm a little more confused now..and worried.. If you can, could you send me your personal statement please?

Thanks, again.

Quick Reply

Latest