The Student Room Group

Does my plan sound quite decent or OTT?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireDwarf
Hello guys :smile:

So yeah, I just finished GCSE's and got my results. I was very very happy with them, 7 A*'s, 3 A's and 2 B's so I cant complain! However, im very very worried about doing crap at A-levels. I know people who went from my grades down to E's and U's, and I really dont want to fail that badly after this years success, as it would all be for nothing.

I've been debating how to best revise and make sure I know the topics. On my GCSE's the way I revised was to write it all down in a revision book then read the book at least 3 times a day. I also did a massive amount of past papers once I knew the material, and also lectured friends.

My plan for A-level will be to write down all my notes neatly. This way, I already have my revision guide ready ( this is something I failed last year cause my handwriting got really poor at the end). Then each night I will spend about an hour going through all my notes for the day. This way, im learning them as I go. Any homework will have to be completed during the study hours, or if I have homework for 1st lesson, I will use the study hour to go over the notes.

I will then spend the weekends going over all my notes for the week so I make sure I know them agian.

So yeah, overall im reading my notes daily and making sure I do homework too. I will then go over my notes on the weekend too. The idea is that when it comes to exam time, i've been over my notes so much I basically know everything.

Sound good? Is there anything else I can be doing? And what worked best for you guys from day 1? I want a plan which means im doing at least something every day, rather then waiting till near the end.

Thanks

Well done on your GCSE's :smile: I got 3 A*, 4 A and 4 B so I understand being nervous with going down grades at A Level as I am too. (I'm taking two sciences, help!!) But yeah, it's just a case of studying constantly.
Reply 21
Thanks guys for the comments. I think ill just see how it goes and see how much work Ill get. I think ill just stick to using my time to complete my homework and ensure I understand the topics very well, instead of trying to memorise it all.

Good luck everyone:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest