The Student Room Group

Unexpected first AS results... Please give me some advise. Thank you for your time.

Having completed my first year at my sixth form college studying my A-levels I was pleased with how my exams went and I wasn't too worried when it came to results day. My subjects are Applied Science, Applied Business Studies, History and Economics. I worked very hard and I thought everything was going to be okay. However my results didn't go as well as I had hoped. I was just shocked and I didn't see it coming at all. Before I knew my results I gained a huge interest in Economics and I was planning to either do an Economics degree or an apprenticeship with HSBC after I had completed my A-levels. I even looked into Global Banking and Markets Graduate Programs at HSBC and a future careers as a Global Analyst. I was predicted a B in economics in my first AS year but I got a D. However in Applied Business Studies I got a A, Applied Science B and History B. I was planning to drop Applied Science, I really enjoy History but I'm not so fond of Business Studies of what we had studied so far. My tutor has advised me to drop economics.

What should I do next?

Should I look into Business Studies university courses instead with some element of economics?

Has anybody been in similar situation to me?

Any thoughts on doing an International Relations Course at university instead?

Thank you very much for your time.
Reply 1
I am in a very similar situation to you at the moment. My AS Level results were good I guess, but they were below all of my predicted grades. I got a B in Business Studies, Applied ICT and EPQ, along with a D in English Lit. Repeating modules should be the way to go though!
Reply 2
I'm also hoping to do a Business Economics course at QUB. It should suit you well!
Reply 3
Thank you for your reply! I will definitely research Business Economics courses.

Quick Reply

Latest