Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

What is everyone studying?!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by alicaponi
You're probably right, every time I leave the county I become conscious that the accent isn't as subtle as I'd hoped :colondollar:

I'm in Furness College, how about you?

It won't be too bad every time you meet someone you will be asked, what's your name? what are you studying? and where are you from? it will just be automatic by the end of fresher's :P, I just have a weird accent you can only hear the northern part in certain words, it might be quite neutral I guess. Might stick out a bit with all the northern accents though.

I'm in Grizedale :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by katie55
It won't be too bad every time you meet someone you will be asked, what's your name? what are you studying? and where are you from? it will just be automatic by the end of fresher's :P, I just have a weird accent you can only hear the northern part in certain words, it might be quite neutral I guess. Might stick out a bit with all the northern accents though.

I'm in Grizedale :smile:

Yeah, I've heard people get pretty sick of retelling their life story after Freshers :tongue: Yeah, that's like my accent, it only emerges in certain phrases, like you said, I'm sure it will just be a good icebreaker :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by alicaponi
Yeah, I've heard people get pretty sick of retelling their life story after Freshers :tongue: Yeah, that's like my accent, it only emerges in certain phrases, like you said, I'm sure it will just be a good icebreaker :smile:

Fresher's week is amazing anyway so you will have a great time :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by SpiggyTopes
I'll be doing physics! :smile:

I'll be coming from Cheshire so it will only take about an hour; dad will be driving me up.

Best journey I've had was one hour between turning out of campus and pulling up outside my house near chester. Normally it's about an hour and twenty.

Back on topic:
I'll be studying MSc Volcanology and Geological Hazards.
Originally from near Chester, but I spend most of my time in Lancaster.
Mphys in theoretical physics and at county collage :smile:
Computer science for me sir.
[geek alert]

-JonNgog
Original post by Manitude
Best journey I've had was one hour between turning out of campus and pulling up outside my house near chester. Normally it's about an hour and twenty.

Back on topic:
I'll be studying MSc Volcanology and Geological Hazards.
Originally from near Chester, but I spend most of my time in Lancaster.

My dad is quite a quick driver so when we went quite early in the morning to the open day it only took us about 50 minutes. :biggrin: The other three times we've driven between the two it's taken about 1hr 30 mins because it was tipping it down. (From Chester too)
Reply 27
Original post by SpiggyTopes
My dad is quite a quick driver so when we went quite early in the morning to the open day it only took us about 50 minutes. :biggrin: The other three times we've driven between the two it's taken about 1hr 30 mins because it was tipping it down. (From Chester too)

Must have been averaging like 80 or 90 on the M6 to get that kind of time? :wink:
Original post by Manitude
Must have been averaging like 80 or 90 on the M6 to get that kind of time? :wink:

70 all the way! :wink:
Congratulations to those who have had their place in Lancaster University confirmed, particular those who have joined the Fylde family. If you want to keep in touch with everything Fylde (freshers week) then you can like our 'Fylde Freshers' facebook page or follow '@FyldeCollege' on twitter. You can also use the hashtag '#FyldeFreshers' to link up with other incoming fylde students. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask through the facebook or twitter accounts.

See you in approx 4 weeks for Fresher week, it is going to be epic.
Original post by Jennejy
I'm coming from near Ipswich, so a similar sort of direction as you. I feel like it was only (though i use the term loosely) a five hour drive or so for us.

I'm studying English Lit with Creative Writing.

Oh really! I suppose there was just a lot of traffic when I went to visit then. I'm not sure I'll be coming back regularly to visit family given the distance haha, looking forward to starting?
I'll be studying History & International Relations - anyone else studying that? I've not found anyone else who'll be on my exact course yet!
Reply 32
Original post by HenryLinguistic
Oh really! I suppose there was just a lot of traffic when I went to visit then. I'm not sure I'll be coming back regularly to visit family given the distance haha, looking forward to starting?

Me neither - no sneaking home for the weekend to get my washing done!

Yeah, it's going to be awesome, but I'm definitely a nervous kind of excited... How you feeling about it all?
Reply 33
Law and I live in Lancaster. :smile:
Original post by Jennejy
Me neither - no sneaking home for the weekend to get my washing done!

Yeah, it's going to be awesome, but I'm definitely a nervous kind of excited... How you feeling about it all?

Haha definitely! Though that'd be ideal, I think I'm going to avoid ironing as often as possible. Yeah, I'm having similar feelings really, mainly excitement, though a little anxious about living independently! What college have you been admitted into? :redface:
/////
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 36
film :smile:))
Reply 37
Hi Thread, I'll be studying biomedical science and staying in Furness!
Reply 38
Original post by HenryLinguistic
Haha definitely! Though that'd be ideal, I think I'm going to avoid ironing as often as possible. Yeah, I'm having similar feelings really, mainly excitement, though a little anxious about living independently! What college have you been admitted into? :redface:

Haha, me too, I don't feel like enough of an adult for it yet! Furness :biggrin: What about you?
Reply 39
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
I'll be studying History & International Relations - anyone else studying that? I've not found anyone else who'll be on my exact course yet!

Im doing international relation too although im combining it economics.
Might catch u in some lectures :biggrin:..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending