The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Fridge/Cupboard space

I'm moving into Warwick accommodation at the end of September (hopefully) and I was just wondering how much space you get in fridges/cupboards etc to store food? As in how much can you fit in? I know that this could vary depending on what halls you are in but if someone could give me a rough idea it would be great (perhaps a photo?)

Thanks
Reply 1
Fridge/freezer: Half a shelf is the (theoretical) minimum, but usually enough people don't use it (or don't use all of it) that you may well end up with more than that after a term or so.
Cupboard: they're basically standard size, maybe a touch on the narrow side for the smaller ones (see below). You get a cupboard above the counter (a bit smaller), a draw, and a cupboard beneath the counter.

Big tip: Not all cupboards are the same size, and the same goes for fridge shelves. Turn up early to snag a big one if you're likely to need the space.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
It'll depend on what halls you're in how much space each person gets. Westwood with only 1 fridge in the kitchen and ~20 people on the floor due to sharers wasn't pleasant :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest