The Student Room Group

Changed Mind Completely!!

So I have written a first draft of a personal statement, various work experience and attended a science summer school (Sutton Trust), in the hope of applying for Pharmacy (2014 entry). However, I am now starting realise the Pharmacy isn't even what to do, and i only picked that so I had 'something'. I actually want to apply for English/Education - is it too late to basically start again? (College putting lots of pressure on when it comes to UCAS etc)
Reply 1
Never too late!
Definitely start again if it's not what you want to do. Important thing is to do something you enjoy and can study. After all, you don't want to be paying ~£50k for a course you hate.
Ignore college if they pressure you to stay with it. Try finding some work exp. if you can now - your school might be able to help as you want to go into education.
Reply 2
Ignore college, they will just pressure you and spout bull like "You want to submit your UCAS application the first week back as you'll have a better chance and look good" whereas in actual fact you will have probably rushed it and it will look worse - all applications submitted BEFORE the deadline get EQUAL consideration, remember that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending