The Student Room Group

Engineering applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Offer from Sheffield to study Aerospace today! AB in maths and physics ( doesn't matter which way round) and also Distinction In IT :') so happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Offer from Liverpool today to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng with a year in industry for ABB in Physics Maths Chemistry(A can be in any subject).
Reply 82
offer from Cardiff and Sheffield for Mech eng <3 <3 dont know which to make 1st choice!!
Reply 83
Original post by heidif
offer from Cardiff and Sheffield for Mech eng <3 <3 dont know which to make 1st choice!!

Congrats but for Cardiff did they not interview you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Dkhanna
Congrats but for Cardiff did they not interview you

Posted from TSR Mobile

they sent me an informal interview request which i wasent able to attend cos im in canada, offered skype but then they straight up gave the offer.
Reply 85
thats eppiiiiicc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
applied for biomedical engineering at imperial! (i'm a med applicant)
Reply 87
Any electrical engineers applied to Newcastle here?
Reply 88
Applied to do MEng Electronic & Electrical Engineering at Nottingham, UCL, Imperial
Applied for Engineering at Cambridge
Applied for MEng Electronic Engineering at Warwick

Will probably try to do management or abroad courses where possible.

Got A*AAAB predictions, an offer from warwick and interviews with Nottingham, UCL and Imperial

Got my first interview with UCL on Wednesday!
Reply 89
offer from Newcastle. Electrical Engineering MEng. Grades AAB

Maaaa *****
Reply 90
Original post by Mr Tall
offer from Newcastle. Electrical Engineering MEng. Grades AAB

Maaaa *****

When did u send you're application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Dkhanna
When did u send you're application

Posted from TSR Mobile

6th November
I've been offered to attend an interview at Loughborough for Aeronautical Engineering for either the 11th December or 14th January :smile: so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Applied for Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng and one BEng course.

OFFERS:
Newcastle BEng: AAB
Newcastle MEng: AAB
Queens Belfast MEng:AAB
Liverpool MEng (Year in Ind):ABB

WAITING ON A DECISION FROM:
Bristol MEng
Reply 94
Applying for Mechanical Engineering at:

Exeter
Birmingham
Sheffield
Loughborough
Queens Belfast

:biggrin:
Reply 95
Original post by Amzith
Applying for Mechanical Engineering at:

Exeter
Birmingham
Sheffield
Loughborough
Queens Belfast

:biggrin:

I've got offers for Exeter and Birmingham ! :biggrin: which one is your favourite so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by iLayton
I've got offers for Exeter and Birmingham ! :biggrin: which one is your favourite so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I'm not the only one then! haha

I honestly have no idea which ones I prefer over the other :eek: My indecisiveness is not going to help me when choosing which University I want to go too. And I have only managed to visit Birmingham, although I did think it looked really good there :biggrin:
Reply 97
Original post by Amzith
Ahh I'm not the only one then! haha

I honestly have no idea which ones I prefer over the other :eek: My indecisiveness is not going to help me when choosing which University I want to go too. And I have only managed to visit Birmingham, although I did think it looked really good there :biggrin:

Haha! Yeah, it's a big decision, I'm 90% sure I want to go to Birmingham!
I did start at Loughborough this year, and hated it! Not sure if it was just me tho, most people seemed to enjoy it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by iLayton
Haha! Yeah, it's a big decision, I'm 90% sure I want to go to Birmingham!
I did start at Loughborough this year, and hated it! Not sure if it was just me tho, most people seemed to enjoy it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was it about Loughborough?
I quite like birmingham, good balance of greenery and big pretty buildings :biggrin: and going to the city whenever. I really need to visit the others though, I don't know enough!
Reply 99
Original post by Amzith
What was it about Loughborough?
I quite like birmingham, good balance of greenery and big pretty buildings :biggrin: and going to the city whenever. I really need to visit the others though, I don't know enough!

Don't get me wrong, it's a great Engineering Department, but that's about it! I just hated every other aspect about it... Everyone is sports mad there, the town which is like a 40 minute walk, was ****, and the nightlife was crap too! Just felt depressed there, and wished I was in a city! Yeah that's what I like about Birmingham, campus is really nice, with really nice architecture, and the city is right next to it!

Definitely visit them all, it will make your decision a lot easier!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending