The Student Room Group

Official GCSE Remarks 2013

GCSE Remark 2013

This thread is for anyone who has asked or wondering whether to remark any of you summer 2013 papers!

Make sure to post what exam(s) your getting remarked and what the outcome is!!:biggrin:

Also,it would be helpful if anyone could share any previous GCSE remarks!

Prices

Aqa
£32.00

Edexcel
£23

OCR
£38.10
£47.60(with photocopy of script)

WJEC
£35
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone have their school pay for the remark? Or did you have to pay yourself?
Reply 2
Original post by TheVillageNerd
Anyone have their school pay for the remark? Or did you have to pay yourself?

Welcome to TSR:biggrin:

And no,unfortunately I had to pay myself!:frown:...well my parents did:tongue:
Reply 3
This thread it very useful for some people, thank you for making it :smile:

I think I'm going to have my English lang remarked because in one exam I got a D (compared to As in my coursework and other exam for English so I seriously have no idea what happened there) and I'm four marks overall away from an A, do you think it's possible that it could be increased by four marks, since it's English and it's one of those subjects where the marks aren't definite?

I heard that apparently in some exam boards if your grade changes overall the cost is free, is that the same for all boards or just whichever one it was (I think it was AQA?) my English board was WJEC, sigh, £35 down the drain :frown:
Reply 4
Is it worth getting a remark? I am 3 marks an overall A in English language.
In the coursework I had an A
In the unit 1 exam I had an A
In the speaking and listening I had a C
Which gave me an overall B

I could possibly go up 3 marks in the exam?
My exam board is AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
When is the final date for submitting remarks for AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
My school said it was £46 for remarks in WJEC. And I wanted to get two papers done from there along side 3 others from other boards. Are you definite it's £35? If so, that is strange for my school to give it higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by iamlynchy
is it worth getting a math paper remarked? I was 2 UMS away from an A star and if I had gotten that then my overall grade would've been an A star so should I chance the remark? I'm also 20 UMS above the A grade boundary and the exam board is CCEA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think you deserved a higher mark?If you do,then go for it!However,with maths,it's not subjective when it comes to marking,the mark scheme is accurate and strict so bear that in mind.

However,like you said you are 20 UMS above the A boundary,so it's very unlikely you'll drop the grade!
Reply 8
Original post by H-SEA
My school said it was £46 for remarks in WJEC. And I wanted to get two papers done from there along side 3 others from other boards. Are you definite it's £35? If so, that is strange for my school to give it higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the prices from this website:
http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/10109.pdf

I think what your school meant is that it's £46 for GCSE linear exams whereas GCSE modules are £35:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ThatGirlx
When is the final date for submitting remarks for AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

20th September:smile:
Reply 10
I got 1 off an A overall in Biology, and I think I'll get my unit 1 remarked.
Reply 11
Original post by Okkefac
This thread it very useful for some people, thank you for making it :smile:

I think I'm going to have my English lang remarked because in one exam I got a D (compared to As in my coursework and other exam for English so I seriously have no idea what happened there) and I'm four marks overall away from an A, do you think it's possible that it could be increased by four marks, since it's English and it's one of those subjects where the marks aren't definite?

I heard that apparently in some exam boards if your grade changes overall the cost is free, is that the same for all boards or just whichever one it was (I think it was AQA?) my English board was WJEC, sigh, £35 down the drain :frown:

Awwwh thank you:smile:nd ur welcome:biggrin:

I would get it remarked!English is one of those subjects where it can go up more likely,if you feel that you should've got a higher grade then yeh,get it remarked!Were you 4 raw marks or UMS to an A?

All I know is that AQA gives your money back if your overall grade changes!I'm not too sure about the other exam boards sorry!
Reply 12
Original post by Beat
I got 1 off an A overall in Biology, and I think I'll get my unit 1 remarked.

Best of luck!What exam board were you on?

Make sure to tell us your outcome:biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by jackdelray
I'm with WJEC English language and I ended up with an A overall- 4 ums off A*. I got A*s in the coursework: 54/60 and 56/60, but only managed low A's in the exams 33/40 in both the reading and the writing. Would it be worth getting a remark? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you feel you deserved a higher grade in your exam then yeh,get it remarked!Were you expecting to get a low A in the exam?

Also,speak to your teacher about it to see what he/she thinks!
Reply 14
Original post by ThatGirlx
Is it worth getting a remark? I am 3 marks an overall A in English language.
In the coursework I had an A
In the unit 1 exam I had an A
In the speaking and listening I had a C
Which gave me an overall B

I could possibly go up 3 marks in the exam?
My exam board is AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im on AQA for English Language aswell:biggrin::tongue:

Hmmph the way I do it is that if I'm 3 marks or less below the next grade then I will get it remarked as it's less likely I'll drop the grade!If you have the money then yeh I'd get it remarked!But speak to your teacher first about it!
Reply 15
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for an A - igcse Biology, Physics and Chemistry?
Reply 16
Oh okay thanks ..
And yeah it's pretty unlikely I'll drop down to a C as I'd have to lose loads of marks

And.. I made a mistake I didn't mean 3marks, I meant 3UMS .. I assumed it was 3marks but it could be less (hopefully!) or unfortunately more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by chatty
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for an A - igcse Biology, Physics and Chemistry?

What exam board?
Reply 18
getting 2 remarks
Aqa unit 1 English Language and Literate

about 4 UMS off on both ... its around 3/4 marks off ..... i would regret it if i didnt remark tbh

does anyone know when the remark grade comes through ?

Ryan
Board: Edexcel (£23.00)
Exam: ICT
Exam Grade: A
Overall Grade: B
Wanted outcome: + 1 mark
Actual outcome:
Reason: 1 mark of an A overall. May re-submit controlled assessment though, if my teachers allow

I am 7 marks of an A* in English Lit (AQA). My Unit 1 paper came back a high A, whilst my Unit 2 paper came back as a low B. Should I go for a remark?
I'm 17 UMS points within the A boundary, if that helps
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest